Lee Ellis (Seek One Productions) Kills Another Monster

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Beautiful deer.
I will say them Glamor Shots is right purdy too.

Gbr5pb

Worked in Alpharetta 31 years odd hours going in 3 am saw a few that almost take your breath away but never could get permission to hunt

Al White

Awesome bucks! Congrats to the hunters!

Pilgrim

So awesome!! And so thankful that these deer are being taken by hunters - not vehicles!

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
At least they can bait legally now.

Gator89

Georgia is a Big Buck State with a 4 month long rifle season. Shorten the rifle season and more bucks like this^^ get taken!

86 days of modern firearms = 2.87 months.

There are states that have 1 or 2 week firearms seasons for folks that prefer it that way.

GA has something for every hunter, let's keep it that way.

Long Cut

86 days of modern firearms = 2.87 months.

There are states that have 1 or 2 week firearms seasons for folks that prefer it that way.

GA has something for every hunter, let's keep it that way.

OR Hear me out...
Georgia shortens the length of the rifle season, increases its big buck harvest records and more people want to hunt here.. Less GA boys feel the need to hunt out of state and spend thousands in doing so.

Saves us money and gives the Biologists more money to better our public lands.

In my opinion we need to be Conservationists first and Hunters second. Yeah a “2.87” month rifle season is convenient for you but is that what we really need? (Insert North GA county here)....

Gator89

OR Hear me out...
Georgia shortens the length of the rifle season, increases its big buck harvest records and more people want to hunt here.. Less GA boys feel the need to hunt out of state and spend thousands in doing so.

Saves us money and gives the Biologists more money to better our public lands.

In my opinion we need to be Conservationists first and Hunters second. Yeah a “2.87” month rifle season is convenient for you but is that what we really need? (Insert North GA county here)....

Break the state into zones by rut activity, see Louisiana's regs or Florida's, 70 days in each zone. I could live with that, but not the 9 days I had in WI.

I don't bow hunt, no plan to start at this stage in my life.

Jim Boyd

I don’t see appreciable changes coming in the Georgia regs, but it is nice to think what MIGHT happen with less firearms killed bucks (ie: shorter gun season).

Let’s face it, Georgia is not generally a Booner producing state but it does have a true, excellent supply of great 130-150” bucks.

Killing bucks on the upper end of this range is not common, otherwise folks trophy walls would have them (and many do) - but they are just not that common.

I gotta admit, I hunted the Hades out of Georgia for a long time and never came close to bagging a 140” deer. I may have seen 1-2 (maybe....) but never took one.

No insult is meant here so please don’t take one - but I started hunting the Midwest (Illinois) and immediately was able to start taking dream bucks (at least, dream bucks to me) - with no gun.

I am not advocating that everyone rush to the Midwest but if big bucks are your goal and it is not happening where you are - a change in tactics may be in order.

Best of luck to ALL hunters!

BornToHuntAndFish

See hunter story details & 3 photos at the GON Truck Buck Entry web link below.

Rocking Mega-Congrats to Lee, again.:rockon:

https://www.gon.com/truck-buck-entries/419927

County: Fulton

Week: 17

Season: 2018-2019

five years of trail-camera history with this deer

smartest deer I have ever hunted

Green scored him at 193 by a P&Y scorer

https://www.gon.com/media/truckbuck/2019/63047C7E-340E-4280-8F03-256031E64502.jpeg

https://www.gon.com/media/truckbuck/2019/C098848C-8BCD-44C8-BAA8-E6F44FF91271.jpeg

https://www.gon.com/media/truckbuck/2019/C11AA993-3CE4-450F-AFE2-47F7D0463DCB.jpeg

:bounce:

Jim Boyd

193 / insane beast!!!!!

bany

No need to shorten the season if people would just learn to reign in their trigger finger,,,,,
There is some truth. I had decent bucks for several years. I let most walk but not the neighbors I guess. Seems I’m down to orphans this year.