Legal Hunting Distances from a Residence

tv_racin_fan

I know a few people that have legally killed deer from their back deck. Not so bad to sit in the hot tub with the babe, she gets to drink the beer since you are hunting...

ga41

shot one out of my upstairs window back on 12.23.....DRT, should have shot the other one too

dpoole

Know some folks that were shooting doves last sat in a peanut field. There were houses close by. They called DNR. DNR came out and informed the hunters they must stay 500 ft from a residence.

Jhunt

Banned
Know some folks that were shooting doves last sat in a peanut field. There were houses close by. They called DNR. DNR came out and informed the hunters they must stay 500 ft from a residence.

And, most likely, since the hunters didn't know the rules, they did as the DNR said. Unfortunately, a lot of DNR guys don't know the law either.

whitworth

Word of Warning

If they hear your rifle fire, they know where your favorite hunting spot is. And then it no longer is your favorite hunting spot !!!

For years I hunted a small area, where I only used a bow. Avoided having trespassers discover my good area. Always entered the woods in an area distant from my treestand setup.

Laman

I was told by the DNR office in Albany last year that there is no state regulation concerning shooting distance from a occupied building. He did say that county and city ordinances varied and could be enforced by sheriff offices and city police.

It is not legal unless you own or lease the home.