Legal versus ethical

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
So what are u saying.... I shouldn’t shoot them in my subdivision yard !
So we twisting my statement. Or thinking beyond my words for my circumstances.
I don’t know what your surrounds look like. ?

You have seen. My little yard and how far pass the nearest convenient gas station store is !!
Critter city is where I live. ?

shdw633

I wish the OP and his daughter the best this upcoming season. I also don't see any issue with doing what the OP wants to do on his property, with his daughter. The only thing I wish he would not do, and I see a lot of parents do this, is say that he wants her to kill the deer to keep her interest. We all know killing and hunting are two different things and if a parent has to make sure their child has to kill a deer to keep their interest then in my opinion they are going about it all wrong. I started hunting at 11 and at that time there were not as many deer as there are today and I didn't get my first deer until I was 17. Each year made the chase that much more exciting until the day finally came when I got my first buck. Don't think killing a deer makes or breaks a young persons season or interest, you may be surprised that it's not the killing they enjoy the most about hunting, it's more than likely the time they get to spend with you outdoors and the excitement and pride they see in your face while they are out there with you.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I wish the OP and his daughter the best this upcoming season. I also don't see any issue with doing what the OP wants to do on his property, with his daughter. The only thing I wish he would not do, and I see a lot of parents do this, is say that he wants her to kill the deer to keep her interest. We all know killing and hunting are two different things and if a parent has to make sure their child has to kill a deer to keep their interest then in my opinion they are going about it all wrong. I started hunting at 11 and at that time there were not as many deer as there are today and I didn't get my first deer until I was 17. Each year made the chase that much more exciting until the day finally came when I got my first buck. Don't think killing a deer makes or breaks a young persons season or interest, you may be surprised that it's not the killing they enjoy the most about hunting, it's more than likely the time they get to spend with you outdoors and the excitement and pride they see in your face while they are out there with you.

^^^ toot toot!
That I want that^^^
And that’s what I got growing up and that’s why I’m a deer fanatic to this day!
I hunted 8 seasons before seeing a live deer while hunting. I began to think deer don’t exist anymore. Never lost the interest except in High school. Course I missed the best years during that time but my day is still ahead of me yet!

bubbafowler

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't she 6 Years old ?
Nobody needs to kill a deer at 6 Years old.
YOU want her to kill one...She don't even know really what that means….She's 6 for cryin out loud.
See there is where you're wrong. She WANTS to kill a deer. I put no pressure on her. I don't kill many. She's the one that wants to kill. That gets excited when she gets a chance. And upset when she misses a chance. She's the one that takes pride in feeding the family. Anytime I cook she asks if it's from her deer. Trust me she is the one that wants to kill so badly. I just enjoy having her outdoors with me.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Well she’s too young for some of that talk IMO. Maybe you should say harvest awhile and teach her the meaning of harvest or remove the killing corn pile back aways and have her hunt hard for it.
She’s not 13/16 or 18 yet. I’m sure she’s just talkin but still.
I don’t let my precious daughters talk those words yet.
It’s really non of my business what you do and I believe you are raising them right by the looks of them little girls having fun but she sounds a little to gung-ho towards deer killing at six.
Maybe slow her down a little this year wouldn’t hurt nothin.:yawn:
No offense but I don’t want my daughter thinking about killing nothing too much.
She’s a tiny girl and will say harvest more than not for now. We meat hunt and that’s the main reason we kill.
Not for antlers. For antlers and meat.
So these tiny impressionable girls will hear me say harvest rather than Kill sometimes. They are not grown men and women. They are being raised and still learning deer killing from you.

Gbr5pb

Not my job to tell other people what ethical! Y’all legal and happy I’m happy for her! They cut the 209 acres behind our house. Deer been in yard almost every day. Going to find me and grandson a ground blind put in old garden spot see how long I can get him to stay he is 2 so maybe 15 minutes. If a legal deer was to step out going to kill it and not apologize to anyone.

bubbafowler

Well she’s too young for some of that talk IMO. Maybe you should say harvest awhile and teach her the meaning of harvest or remove the killing corn pile back aways and have her hunt hard for it.
It’s really non of my business what you do and I believe you are raising them right by the looks of them little girls having fun but she sounds a little to gung-ho towards deer killing at six.
No offense but I don’t want my daughter thinking about killing nothing too much.
She’s a tiny girl and will say harvest more than not for now. We meat hunt and that’s the main reason we kill.
So these tiny impressionable girls will hear me say harvest rather than Kill sometimes. They are not grown men and women. They are being raised and still learning deer killing from you.
First off, last year we didn't hunt over feeders, even though nothing wrong with that, I just didn't want to spend that much on corn. Second off, as already mentioned we hunt for meat and she understands the meaning of feeding the family. Third off why would you shelter your daughter's just because they are female? I don't force anything on her. She's been begging to hunt with me since 4. She asks me weekly how much longer until squirrel season. She's ready to hunt, and yes kill. Her sister on the other hand couldn't care less about hunting so she doesn't go. Maybe that will change.

Last edited:

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

^this^...facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:

baddave

i have a neighbor that has a creek bottom on his property that is a real deer magnet/ funnel type situation .. he has a corn feeder where they come a lot to .. he's got cams all over everywhere .. kind of the electronic tinkerer kinda guy.. he's crippled .. he built a roto table w/ little servo motors on it , mounted a crossbow on it , put a camera behind it .. so now, he can actually aim the Xbow and release an arrow from his living room while watching from his tv monitor ... i really don't blame him cause he's crippled but that's him.. i don't think he's ever actually done it but he could... ain't that wild!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
i have a neighbor that has a creek bottom on his property that is a real deer magnet/ funnel type situation .. he has a corn feeder where they come a lot to .. he's got cams all over everywhere .. kind of the electronic tinkerer kinda guy.. he's crippled .. he built a roto table w/ little servo motors on it , mounted a crossbow on it , put a camera behind it .. so now, he can actually aim the Xbow and release an arrow from his living room while watching from his tv monitor ... i really don't blame him cause he's crippled but that's him.. i don't think he's ever actually done it but he could... ain't that wild!

We need ^those^ on the southern border. But with an automatic weapon.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I can't believe no Dads just want to play Barbie and Ken dolls anymore. I'm a grand and I gotta do it. facepalm: