Let's do some more charitable good in 2014...

Kris87

So last year, I set some personal goals and challenges in the Bowhunting challenge to motivate myself and to also help out some worthy charities. In the end, I lost, and I donated some money to very worthy charities I let my opponents choose. I donated to Cystic Fibrosis foundation and to 100hunter's son's camp fund. We all know how good it feels to give a little when we can to those in need. I was happy to do it. That was probably my most rewarding part in last year's challenge. If any of you are on Facebook, you've seen how viral the ALS ice bucket challenge has been. I'd like to see some similar results, albeit a smaller scale, here in this year's challenge. Let's have some fun, let's give some money, no matter how small the amount, to some worthy parties. So I'm going to get the most important thread started in this year's challenge....I'm going to throw out the first donations and challenges.

1) If anyone on Useless Billy's team kills a deer before me, I'll donate $25 to their charity of choice.
2) If David Alligood kills a buck that scores over 100 in the challenge, then I'm going to donate $50 to his charity of choice. ::;
3) If Bowanna kills a buck bigger than I do, then I'm going to donate $50 to find his stolen truck.(j/k his charity of choice)
4) Final challenge.....I will donate $100 to the charity of choice of the winning team if 5 people after me can at least challenge one thing in this year's competition to donate money to. I need 5 who are willing to help out. Come on!

Thanks guys. :cheers:

Hilsman

Captain Gut Hook !
Yes Sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If one of us useless Billies shoots a deer before you I will match your $25.

Kris87

Yes Sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If one of us useless Billies shoots a deer before you I will match your $25.

That's what I'm talking about. Giving to help others is contagious. We only need a few to catch cold before everyone is infected. Thanks for your participation.

mickyu

I like it Kris. Sometimes we, me especially, get a little wrapped up in ourselves and forget just how TRULY BLESSED WE ARE. I'm in buddy. If you, Kris87, score more points in 2014/15 Bowhunting Challenge than me, mickyu, I will donate $50 to charity of your choice. :cheers:

Hilsman

Captain Gut Hook !
Atta Boys :flag: :cheers:

Kris87

Awesome, I'm getting motivated. Keep em coming guys. Call out your fellow challengers. Side bets are often the most fun.

100hunter

Count me in. I will donate 4 Georgia Tech nose bleed tickets to the first team to score 350 pts in the challenge.

The Fever

I will donate 25 dollars to a charity of your choice if you shoot a buck before me Kris.
I will donate 25 dollars to the charity of choice of the member who shoots the first buck in the challenge.

Money is one thing but time is another. I will volunteer an hour of time for every 5 points there are between my team and the lowest scoring team. They get to choose.

To make things real fun. I will donate 10 dollars for each team member that outscored me.

Bowfishin93

Awesome idea Kris, i believe the more people that sees this, the more challenges their will be. Its always nice to be able to give back and this is a really great way to do it! I dont know anyone on the other teams personally so i dont have anyone to challenge, so i decided to open one up for everyone thats entered in the bowhunting challenge.

Heres mine:

To anyone in the challenge that enters a deer (buck or doe) within the first 7 days of the season, i will donate $25 to a hunting related charity of their choice. Only the first 4 people, it doesn't matter if more then one person on a team enters deer i will donate, but if one person enters two deer within the week i will donate once for that person to give more people an opportunity.

If anyone notices that someone has entered a deer and i havent replied to them yet, send me a friendly PM and i will get with them.

Cant wait to see where this thread goes!! :cheers:

The Fever

If coreyj only shoots deer that weigh more than 40 pounds field dressed I'll donate another 25.

Hunter0884

I will donate $50 to the charity of choice by the person who scores the most in the challenge period and if I score the most (which probably won't happen lol) I will donate it to the charity of choice by the second highest scorer !!!!!!!

Corey J

If coreyj only shoots deer that weigh more than 40 pounds field dressed I'll donate another 25.

Lol I had to pick up the slack from my lousy team somehow ;) if you shoot a bigger buck than me I'll match your $25 :flag:

BowanaLee

3) If Bowanna kills a buck bigger than I do, then I'm going to donate $50 to find his stolen truck.(j/k his charity of choice)

You know Bowanna cant kill anything but dinks. You could probably triple that and it would still be a safe bet. :bounce:

deast1988

If poo pie gets one with the recurve I'll cover his teams entry next year!

Randypoo6292

If da least puts an arrow through a deer heart this season (with pic proof) I will put 25 to a charity of his choice

alligood729

So last year, I set some personal goals and challenges in the Bowhunting challenge to motivate myself and to also help out some worthy charities. In the end, I lost, and I donated some money to very worthy charities I let my opponents choose. I donated to Cystic Fibrosis foundation and to 100hunter's son's camp fund. We all know how good it feels to give a little when we can to those in need. I was happy to do it. That was probably my most rewarding part in last year's challenge. If any of you are on Facebook, you've seen how viral the ALS ice bucket challenge has been. I'd like to see some similar results, albeit a smaller scale, here in this year's challenge. Let's have some fun, let's give some money, no matter how small the amount, to some worthy parties. So I'm going to get the most important thread started in this year's challenge....I'm going to throw out the first donations and challenges.

1) If anyone on Useless Billy's team kills a deer before me, I'll donate $25 to their charity of choice.
2) If David Alligood kills a buck that scores over 100 in the challenge, then I'm going to donate $50 to his charity of choice. ::;
4) Final challenge.....I will donate $100 to the charity of choice of the winning team if 5 people after me can at least challenge one thing in this year's competition to donate money to. I need 5 who are willing to help out. Come on!

If I kill any buck, I'll donate $50 to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.......or if Robbie Hilsman kills a bigger buck than I do, I'll do the same thing....

The Fever

Count me in. I will donate 4 Georgia Tech nose bleed tickets to the first team to score 350 pts in the challenge.

I will gladly sport the red and black from the nosebleeds....:flag: