1.jpg

2.jpg

160" from Kershaw Co, SC
36b2a728.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
dang Piper.........

real nice photos, man!!!...............those smiles on the children rock, ay?? :clap: :clap: :clap:.........is the shot in post #21 Cade's Cove???

CPiper

Thanks! get ready to see of them pics disappear, they is too big. Iv gotta go the Woody's School of Picture Posting and learn how to resize, LOL! My apologies to the Admin.

I cannot disclose the specific locations of any deer in any photo. To do so would compromise, well you know.
:D ;) :p
Cades Cove? I wanna be buried there when I die, neat and cool place.
I got a pic of a 150-160" 10pnter this last fall, Id post it but it is grainey and dark - a BIG buck!! And had a doe actualy stick her head in my truck window for a sip of coke.
The first time I ever went o CC I had a close encounter with a non typ 14pnt, from about 5 feet. :banana:

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
I worked over in Kershaw county

for parts of 3 years.....some nice bucks on the Black Creek drainage........ :)

CPiper

Kershaw has and still is cranking out some SC Whoppers!!
Piedmont Hunt Club has 6000 acres in Kershaw and it is big time under utilized and we enrolled it into a QDM type management last season. I expect GREAT things in3+ years!!

And yes, a couple of pics were from Cades Cove. Iv got TONS more pics, but Im exceeding everyone's bandwidth or something. I'll resize and repost!

Hal

Here's one I let walk last year. I was hoping one of my boys would get a shot at him but he only showed himself when they weren't around.

Attachments

• PA160050 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    PA160050 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 151

RThomas

Hal, that deer has a huge body. He looks older than his antlers would suggest.

CPiper

Man oh Man .... if these pics by Dr Leonard Lee Rue III dont get ya all pumped up ....... they give me the shivers!!

Buck%20fall%20color.jpg

Buck%20alert.jpg

Buck%20aggression.jpg

Buck%20rub.jpg

Bucks%20fighting.jpg

:clap: :cool: :banana:

CPiper

PHCDeer4.jpg

Pic_of_Doe_1.jpg

Deer_in_Woods_II.jpg

Deer_in_Woods.jpg

Fish_III.jpg

CPiper

010403_1.jpg

Buck_I.jpg

Buck_II.jpg

Twin_Deere_1.jpg

Twin_Deere_2.jpg

CPiper

Twin_Deere_3.jpg

Twin_Deere_4.jpg

2_doe_deer_in_field.jpg

JCDeer.jpg

HORTON

Inspiring

Cpiper, that's inspiring to see all those photos. Makes me want to take my camera every time I go now.

Thanks.

Horton

Duff

CPiper said:
Man oh Man .... if these pics by Dr Leonard Lee Rue III dont get ya all pumped up ....... they give me the shivers!!

Not to get off the pics but i have a slate turkey made by leonard Lee Rue I bought several years ago. Man, I still carry that call. It is a good one.

CPiper

PineLineDoe.jpg

11-25-04Cowhorn.jpg

Thanksgiving Morning 2004, my daughter was on one side of me and my son on the other - the deer is a 120lb cowhorn spike, he is just about right in the middle of the pic. My daughter starts telling me in a loud voice "SHOOT HIM DADDY, SHOOT"!! My sons looks at her like :rolleyes: and says, "We dont shoot the small ones".

Live10Pnter.jpg

I walked op on this buck, a 150+" 10pnter.
It was right at dark, I was deep in the woods and only had a cheap 35mm cam. I zoomed in as far as I could and snapped - he is just about right smack dab in the middle of the pic - if you look hard you can make out his antlers, and tell he is a grown one!! As soon as I snapped the pic he was gone! I caught him bedding in a blow down, well hidden, and I do believe if I had not stopped walking when I spotted him he would have let me walk right on by.

0365760-R1-033-15.jpg

Same place, same camera, next AM ... caught this big bodied but small antlerd buck doing "lip curls", never did find the doe(s) and he never knew I was there.

0365760-R1-009-3.jpg

0365750-R1-E025.jpg

CPiper

0365750-R1-E023.jpg

JP1.jpg

DeerintheTruck.jpg

This is one of the "tame" Cades Cover deer - she must like coke!

LancasterorKershawCountySC.jpg

This pic is not from a deercam and it is not from up north.
This is a South Carolina deer, and it was taken by hunter on a scouting trip. The hunter did kill the buck - want more info, see SC's record book.