Leupold Kudos

rosewood

Been wanting a high end set of binoculars (in lieu of my typical $30 pair I have been using for years). So been trolling Academy checking the clearance tags. Found a set of Leupold BX-2 10x50 binoculars on clearance. Were the display model and the rubber armor on 1 objective was torn. Price was so good ($50), I bought anyway. Had a $15 rebate from Bushnell I got when I bought a AR Optic drop zone on clearance from Academy also that went toward the purchase. Decided to call Leupold and told them about the torn armor and they said to send them in. Shipped to them ($13 usps flat rate) and got email notification the day the received it that said it would be repaired within 24 days. A few hours later, got a shipping notification. 6 days later, I had a brand new pair of Leupold BX-2 binoculars in my hand. Talk about awesome customer service.

Furthermore, these binoculars are incredible. I have never really tried out binoculars with good glass. Went outside after dark the other night and things are brighter through the Leupolds than with the naked eye. I can see things I never could see before. I even looked at Jupiter and could see one of it's moons and if I held them still enough, I could see Saturn's rings. When you look through these things in day time, it is perfectly clear, almost as if you are not looking through any glass at all save the magnification. All I can say is wow. I should have bought nice binoculars years ago. I can't wait until deer season to see how much earlier and later I can see the deer through these things.

I think I am now hooked on Leupold.

Rosewood

goodshot

Great report, thanks. I looked through a Leupold scope a friend had and it has spoiled me forever as I strain to look through the el-cheapos my budget allows! ha!

Dub

Their customer service is the best I've ever experienced in any gun related issue.

Kamado Joe and Weber are the best I've experienced with grilling stuff.

Ive been using Leupold scopes for 20+ yrs. Once I bought the first one I was hooked. I have 9 of them now and never sent one back for repair.
Onlly time ive used theyre customer service, I lost a lens cap when shooting. Called them up the following week to order a cap and the guy sent a pair out to me in 2 days. No charge. I have several other scopes (different brands) but all my go to hunting rifles have Leupold on top.

DeweyDuck

Last summer I was testing my 7MM Rem Mag trying to find a good bullet for 400 yard deer hunting. After unsuccessfully going through about $200 worth of different wildly shooting ammo, the windage knob quit working on the Leupold 3.5 -10 X 50MM scope. Called em up and they said send it in for review. 10 days later I got a brand new VX 3i 3.5-10 X 50MM. Then after just 4 shots with 168 Gr Berger VLD, the 3 shot group was 5/8" at 200 yards. Enough said, I quit testing. Then in November, I shot a little 8 point buck at 390 yards; 1 shot thru the heart. Dropped in his tracks. This was a 30 year old scope with which I had killed many deer in the 285 yard range;3 from 340 to 360. I cannot thank Leupold enough for their fabulous warranty and service.

Reactions: Dub

Buckstop

I sent one back about 4 weeks ago that was a new VX 3i that would not hold zero. Haven't heard back from them, other than the acknowledgement that they received it. Probably time to call on it.

Have several of their scopes with many in use for 20+ years and never the slightest problem. have a couple competitors scopes too but the Leupold's light gathering in low light pretty much blows them away. Great products.

Reactions: Dub

nmurph

I was reading and comparing reviews of the Bx-2's vs Vortex Diamondbacks in 12x50's. I have several Leupold scopes and all have been great. I found a Diamondback scope on an auction site last year. When I received it the front glass was loose. Rather than deal with filing a complaint I sent it to Vortex and it was replaced at no cost and no questions asked. I also bought my son a pair of 10x42 Diamondbacks last fall. I was very impressed at the quality of the glass for the money. My brotherhas a pair of Vortex Razors. Im not going to say the $200 bonus are as clear as the $1200, but there's a lot less difference than the price would suggest.

Not sure which binos will be in the stand with me this fall.

ScottA

I've got Leupold's on all my rifles except for a Vortex Diamondback on a little Savage B17 FV-SR I got last year. My binoculars are Leupold Mojave BX-3 10x42MM; crystal clear glass. Quality binoculars are worth their weight in gold. Just think about when hunting, how much time you spend looking through binoculars compared to looking trough a scope. In 35 years, only had a problem with one scope, and Leupold sent me in a new one in about 10 days.