Leupold Rifleman Scopes

pseshooter

I am looking at getting one more scope for a new gun and have in my mind I want a Leupold. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this model (Rifleman). Thanks in advance.

stumpman

Banned
I would save up and get the new vxlll or at least get the vxll from what i hear the rifleman is not any better than a simmons aetec save a little longer or spend a little more you will be happier.

Buzz

For the money - there are many better choices on the market. It's not multicoated with the MC4 coatings like the VXI (external) and VXII (internal and external).

For about $30 less the Bushnell Elite 3200 is a better choice. Personally, as stumpman suggested - I would save more and spend more. For $255, you could get a Nikon Monarch UCC 3x9x40mm scope from www.theopticzone.com and it's closer to par with the Leupold VXIII than the VXII.

Hunterrs

GONetwork Member
I went from a VXIII to a VXII and I am not completely happy with it. The scope is plenty bright and clear, lets lots of light in. When I sight it in is when I notice the difference. Both of the scopes had 50mm objectives. I think the next one I get will be a 40mm and definately a VXIII. The only difference between the scopes was the magnification on the III was 3.5-10 and the II is 3-9. I wouldnt think it makes that much difference. I will always have some type of Leupold on my guns though. I just need to figure out how not to cover the pretty gold ring up with my Butler Creek covers!!! And yes, I am all about pretty!!!!

Robert