Leverloution red tip deform. Still ok or discard?

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Hello cool folks!!!

My son uses leverloution 35rem in an ol Marlin.
A couple rounds have been cycled in and out of there so much over the past couple years. He showed me yesterday he noticed a couple of them had distortion, bent n crooked, on the red plastic tips.

Any of y'all have this happen?
Are these still safe to shoot? If so are they still accurate for huntin? Maybe just ok but safe for target? Or just discard all together?

Thanks for any insight!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
RR you da man!
They're kinda like a hollow point under the red plastic right?

I had some get all wonky looking in a truck gun, I just cut the tip off even across the end of the bullet.

Made a red flat nose, the rest of the box got weird too riding in the heat of the tool box, I guess.

I fired three at 100, shot the same as the gun always does. Loaded the gun again, and they are in it now behind the seat of the truck.

sea trout

I had some get all wonky looking in a truck gun, I just cut the tip off even across the end of the bullet.

Made a red flat nose, the rest of the box got weird too riding in the heat of the tool box, I guess.

I fired three at 100, shot the same as the gun always does. Loaded the gun again, and they are in it now behind the seat of the truck.
Nice!

transfixer

As RR said,, shoot em, I wouldn't worry bout it, I remember back when I used a lever gun even the exposed lead softnose rounds would get deformed after a season or two, especially if you left them in the tube and the rifle got bounced around a bit.

sea trout

Thanks men!

Hillbilly stalker

I wouldn't feel safe with that semi pointed bullet setting on the next primer. What could happen with the recoil could be awful ugly. Myself, I'd leave a little plastic for protection.

fauxferret

Does anyone know where any 35 rem leverlution is available?
Only place I've seen it "instock" is Gunbroker. Even there its tantamount to highway robbery at $80 a box. I've only found 35 in small gun stores and a few gas stations in the middle of nowhere this year. Even then it's likely left over from years past.