License Requirements for 7 yoa son

Thread starter #1

Briar

GONetwork Member
My son will be hunting in the stand with me this year with his .243 and hopefully will kill a deer . Does he need his own license ? ::huh:

Requirements

A 7 year old does not need a license. They do need their own honorary deer harvest record. This can be acquired at any license dealer. :flag:

DoDahDaze

Hunters under age 12 are not required to complete a hunter education course. However, no one under age 12 may hunt unless under direct adult supervision, i.e. within sight or hearing of a licensed adult (at least 18 years old) hunter. It is unlawful for an adult to permit their child or ward under age 12 to hunt unsupervised. No license required for a 7 year old.

Go to:
http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us/content/displaycontent.asp?txtDocument=300&txtPage=3

for a complete listing of rules and regulations.

No License Needed!

He does not need any license until he is 16 years old. If he plans to shoot a deer he will need a honorary big game license. This can be picked up at any license dealer for free.

Kdog

Make sure you have his social, and when I got Tyler's this year, they would not give it to me without him being there to sign it.

Kdog