Little Ohoopee River hunting near Nunez - anny big cat or bear reports v

Phish242

Past few years hunting on this secluded camp we have found evidence and have had encounters with an elusive predator that’s not a hog or a coyote . Does anyone else know of reports in this area ? Camera s have been relocated to monitor the deer found this morning. My boyfriend shot deer last night but it was lost out in very thick area on river . He found it this am half hidden under brush and partially Eaton .

Gator89

Cats hide their "kills". Several years ago I shot a deer late afternoon in central FL, found it the next morning covered in pine straw and a big chunk of hindquarter eaten. This was likely the work of a bobcat.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
The camera should tell the story. Contrary to popular beliefs, a mountain lion is not smart enough to avoid a trail camera. They get pictures of them out west and south Florida all the time.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
But we have them everywhere in ga!! Do you know how many have seen them...long tail and all. They are seen crossing the roads regularly and many hear them "scream like a woman" at night.

With thousands of trail cameras out...nobody has ever gotten a clear photo of a panther...they just be smarter in Ga

See my sigline

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
But we have them everywhere in ga!! Do you know how many have seen them...long tail and all. They are seen crossing the roads regularly and many hear them "scream like a woman" at night.

With thousands of trail cameras out...nobody has ever gotten a clear photo of a panther...they just be smarter in Ga
Are you sure NO body has gotten a picture

fountain

Well, I've been a member here for quite some time....there have been a good many members here over the years that run cameras and I know a good many locals. I've never seen a legitimate pic of one posted or sent to me. If someone gets a pic of one, it will get out and be shared around.

Ohoopee Tusker

I've spent a lifetime on the hoopee and hunting/camping in the area. I can tell you for a fact that a black bear used to follow the main river run. Bear tracks and cat tracks look nothing alike. So if you see a track it should solve it. The area is also full of coyotes.

nmurph

There was a collared FP in Bulloch county in the late 80's/ early 90's... long time ago...I finished college there but stuck around for another 13 years an d it was someone during that time. I THINK he was darted and moved back to his home range...

The was also a teen that found a dead FP that had been struck by a car in Atkinson Co. He got in trouble bc he cut a paw off. I think that was in the late 90's/early 2000's.

No doubt they wander in search of territory. However, I believe virtually every reported sighting is a hoax or mis-identification.

Phish242

Past few years hunting on this secluded camp we have found evidence and have had encounters with an elusive predator that’s not a hog or a coyote . Does anyone else know of reports in this area ? Camera s have been relocated to monitor the deer found this morning. My boyfriend shot deer last night but it was lost out in very thick area on river . He found it this am half hidden under brush and partially Eaton .

He is just a huge bobcat - beautiful too!

Attachments

• 0CC91EFD-C867-4D01-B3F6-1C71E984BF30.jpeg
    0CC91EFD-C867-4D01-B3F6-1C71E984BF30.jpeg
    515.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 6692AD9C-FCD5-409F-BB8B-59AAB57BCE1F.jpeg
    6692AD9C-FCD5-409F-BB8B-59AAB57BCE1F.jpeg
    506 KB · Views: 66

Killdee

Well, I've been a member here for quite some time....there have been a good many members here over the years that run cameras and I know a good many locals. I've never seen a legitimate pic of one posted or sent to me. If someone gets a pic of one, it will get out and be shared around.
That one that was killed in Lagrange I think there was a trail cam picture of because there was actually a cougar in the area. Any where there is a population there are plenty on camera. Most are just simply misidentified

Phish242

That one that was killed in Lagrange I think there was a trail cam picture of because there was actually a cougar in the area. Any where there is a population there are plenty on camera. Most are just simply misidentified
Turned out to be a huge bobcat -

Attachments

• ABD4B1DB-62FF-443E-BAA0-483BCC4E8CD8.jpeg
    ABD4B1DB-62FF-443E-BAA0-483BCC4E8CD8.jpeg
    516 KB · Views: 7