Little T-Rex & his girlfriend deliver the goods....

Dub

And....he kicked it up a notch or two for me.

T-Rex was making his general food inquiry of me the other day and trying to see what types of eats would be served here at headquarters here this week.

Little joker is one of those planner types....taking after his mother, thank God. I'm sorta a "roll with whatcha got" sorta planner. I like to consider it being "situational adaptable". My family just refers to me as "chaotic" or "random" in such times. :rofl:

I confess to him that I was gonna be anchored down working on some job-related projects an not much fun in the kitchen....that whatever was in the freezer & fridge would be fair game. He grinned and said he had a perfect idea for Thursday night dinner and that he and his girlfriend would handle it. Sounded great to me.

So....I'm in the den most of Wednesday working of the laptop. I can see traffic coming and going to the kitchen. Same thing on Thursday.

By dinnertime Thursday I was getting cross-eyed dealing with database stuff and needing to call it good and turn the stuff in an be done for the week.

Wife came down and cut the television on and asked what was for dinner.

T-Rex & his gal were at work in the kitchen.....and poked their heads in and said we'd have a meal in 20 mins. To say I was curious was an understatement.

Right on schedule he walks in with two personal pan pizzas for his momma & I. He hooked mine up with jalapeño slices....knowing I'd approve. Bamsucka !!!!!

They used King Arthur Wheat Flour and made the crust. They'd evidently made the dough the evening before and let it rise overnight. It was really flavorful.

They cooked them in 10" cast iron skillets. He cooked our two first....then they made theirs. He sheepishly said he'd not cooked our crusts as nicely as their own. I told him to knock off that crazy talk and that he'd hit a homerun and we were delighted.

They also made the sauce from scratch....diced tomatoes, tomato paste, herbs, spices and simmer time.....that's what had the kitchen smelling so good all afternoon while I was immersed in job-stuff.

Little joker even came back to refill my iced tea glass a couple times as I was getting through the jalapeño heat. :) I really appreciated his use of them, too, as I've essentially knocked off all spicy heat in anything I cook due to the wife's inability to handle it anymore. Some of her current meds have that reaction.

It's been a long time since I've had anything thusly spiced other than the use of hot sauce after my food is plated.

I'm always proud of him. His work ethic demonstrated towards his schoolwork is unreal. He's maintained an excellent GPA throughout college with one more year left. He's a solid young fella and now I know he won't be starving, lol. He and his girlfriend threw down in the kitchen yesterday.

Oh....and later on, my wife told me to come look at the kitchen. I expected to see flour and stuff everywhere.......

Nothing. Everything was cleaned up and put away and the dishwasher was running.

Proud poppa last night. Now....had to find where my TUMS were......

Thanks for looking and enduring an old geezer-in-the-making brag on his kid a little bit. :)

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Looks killer! T-rex did goot!

Reactions: Dub

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That deserves some bragging!

Jeetdawg

That’s a strong pizza right there

Hornet22

ROMEO
Ain a dadgum thing wrong with bragging on your youngin brother. Nothing better than having a buddy that happens to be yo son is it.

:cheers:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
T-Rex done good!!!!

Big7

The Oracle
And....he kicked it up a notch or two for me.

T-Rex was making his general food inquiry of me the other day and trying to see what types of eats would be served here at headquarters here this week.

Little joker is one of those planner types....taking after his mother, thank God. I'm sorta a "roll with whatcha got" sorta planner. I like to consider it being "situational adaptable". My family just refers to me as "chaotic" or "random" in such times. :rofl:

I confess to him that I was gonna be anchored down working on some job-related projects an not much fun in the kitchen....that whatever was in the freezer & fridge would be fair game. He grinned and said he had a perfect idea for Thursday night dinner and that he and his girlfriend would handle it. Sounded great to me.

So....I'm in the den most of Wednesday working of the laptop. I can see traffic coming and going to the kitchen. Same thing on Thursday.

By dinnertime Thursday I was getting cross-eyed dealing with database stuff and needing to call it good and turn the stuff in an be done for the week.

Wife came down and cut the television on and asked what was for dinner.

T-Rex & his gal were at work in the kitchen.....and poked their heads in and said we'd have a meal in 20 mins. To say I was curious was an understatement.

Right on schedule he walks in with two personal pan pizzas for his momma & I. He hooked mine up with jalapeño slices....knowing I'd approve. Bamsucka !!!!!

They used King Arthur Wheat Flour and made the crust. They'd evidently made the dough the evening before and let it rise overnight. It was really flavorful.

They cooked them in 10" cast iron skillets. He cooked our two first....then they made theirs. He sheepishly said he'd not cooked our crusts as nicely as their own. I told him to knock off that crazy talk and that he'd hit a homerun and we were delighted.

They also made the sauce from scratch....diced tomatoes, tomato paste, herbs, spices and simmer time.....that's what had the kitchen smelling so good all afternoon while I was immersed in job-stuff.

Little joker even came back to refill my iced tea glass a couple times as I was getting through the jalapeño heat. :) I really appreciated his use of them, too, as I've essentially knocked off all spicy heat in anything I cook due to the wife's inability to handle it anymore. Some of her current meds have that reaction.

It's been a long time since I've had anything thusly spiced other than the use of hot sauce after my food is plated.

I'm always proud of him. His work ethic demonstrated towards his schoolwork is unreal. He's maintained an excellent GPA throughout college with one more year left. He's a solid young fella and now I know he won't be starving, lol. He and his girlfriend threw down in the kitchen yesterday.

Oh....and later on, my wife told me to come look at the kitchen. I expected to see flour and stuff everywhere.......

Nothing. Everything was cleaned up and put away and the dishwasher was running.

Proud poppa last night. Now....had to find where my TUMS were......

Thanks for looking and enduring an old geezer-in-the-making brag on his kid a little bit. :)
ABSOLUTELY !! Nothing wrong with braggin' on young- un's and Grand young- un's.

That was good they cleaned up the kitchen..

OH YEAH, I slap forgot to tell you that pizza looked good and I'm not a pizza fan. UNLESS it's Mediterranean.??

I could do with a slice (or 4) of that one they made though. ?

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Thanks everyone.

I tried to return the favor tonight and with a pot of taco soup.

Turned out pretty tasty.

Niiiiiice!!!!???

nkbigdog

I enjoy watching the kids eager to learn!! Mighty fine job!!