Live well question

JMN1976

if it was me and since you said "livewell" not "baitwell" I would make one from a 40-50qt ice chest
Source one that has a good lid that has a latch to keep it shut then get a battery powered aerator and drill a hole in the side just below top rim and stick the aerator tube thru. I say find one with a latch style lid from experience and also use some weatherstripping foam to seal it off - latch helps keep the lid closed and water from splashing into bottom of canoe. This is the cheapest way and probably the safest as alot of aftermarket "baitwells" which would work are taller than wide and that would increase the center of gravity in a canoe and lose stability.

dank1296

I use a 5 gallon bucket with a styrofoam insert from home depot a bubbler and small frozen water bottles hot weather, Hard to see but theres the top of it.

Attachments

• IMG_1822.JPG
    IMG_1822.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 7

hopper

I use a 5 gallon bucket with a styrofoam insert from home depot a bubbler and small frozen water bottles hot weather, Hard to see but theres the top of it.
Hey dank all I see is a Lathem crappie

Bream Pole

where do you look for or find foam insert at Home Depot?

RamblinWreck

Hammonds has them.

dank1296

Can go online Home Depot if not close to Hammonds and order a 3 pack for 17.91 and pick up next day