Lone Wolf Climber Traction Belts

psedna

UAEC
I bought a really good shape lone wolf climber last year, but I want to replace the traction belts to be sure they are safe.

You cant find them on the internet with all the changes that lone wolf and the new company are going through.

i just read that the XOP climbing stand traction belts are inter changeable.

Is that accurate and that safe?

Thanks

chrislibby88

They are interchangeable as far as I know, XOP had a clone once the original patent was up on the LW, and their early climbers were 1:1 clones- quality control regects from LW, or so I read.

Good luck finding the XOP belts too. I did a post a while back about lonewolf being bought out, and the climbers discontinued. I think myself and a few other members that saw that post bought the last few belts available online. If you find belts from XOP post a link so we can get order extras too.

NBN

There has to be a synchronous steel polyurethane timing belt that would work at an industrial supply. I may look into it and see what I come up with. I would get an extra section to do some weight testing with. My belts are showing small cracks now and of course I can’t find any.

chrislibby88

There has to be a synchronous steel polyurethane timing belt that would work at an industrial supply. I may look into it and see what I come up with. I would get an extra section to do some weight testing with. My belts are showing small cracks now and of course I can’t find any.
I had a link to a belt supplier, I’m not sure any of them were a perfect match though. They had to have a source manufacturer. There’s gotta be some ex employees on rokslide or some forum that know where to get some.

NBN

Boy this is terrible! I’ve checked with two industrial suppliers and they can’t match up anything. I can’t trust my belts anymore and I do 90% of my hunting out of this stand. I have two summits and a API so I guess it’s back to them for now.

DSGB

Supposedly, LWCG is coming out with a new climber in 2023 that will use belts compatible with the older models.

Saw this posted on ArcheryTalk
96856f0420b4a811e756401011f910ad.jpg

chrislibby88

Supposedly, LWCG is coming out with a new climber in 2023 that will use belts compatible with the older models.

Saw this posted on ArcheryTalk
96856f0420b4a811e756401011f910ad.jpg
Amazing. I figured someone would be picking up that design. It’s too good of a climber to just disappear.

Reactions: NBN

Taxman

Here are the after market ones on Ebay (59.00).
"2PCS Traction Belts Climber Tree Stand Regular Length 55” For Loan Wolf Cables". They used to come up with a Lonewolf search but now they don't.