Long range outdoor shooting range

Professor

I am getting into long range shooting but have run out of range. The most I can access is about 280 yards. Are there any long range clubs/rifle ranges in Georgia?

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Elberton Gun club says they have 400 yards on there website.

transfixer

There is Gunsite hills out in Lexington,Ga , supposed to have up to 800yd range, I pass it all the time going to my hunting lease, but have never been there.

There is CMP marksmanship range in Talladega ,Alabama, which would be closer to you, I've heard about it from friends, but also have never been there,

Gunsite hills offers instructional classes, and might be a bit less formal than CMP,

CMSHOOT is a member on here that teaches classes in long range shooting, he'll probably chime in at some point, he knows of other ranges also.

transfixer

the Lexington range is a little over 2 hours from Douglasville, about 115 miles roughly, so you being in Carroll county its even further for you,

Professor

Looks like you are right. The CMP range is not in Talladega but north of it. It is less than 100 miles so certainly under 2 hours.

transfixer

CMP is a modern facility, with target cameras and monitors on the benches if I remember what my friends said, I've never shot at a range like that, but it would definitely be a time saver when dialing in a rifle. Not sure if the Lexington range is that modern ?

Jester896

Senior Clown
CMSHOOT is a member on here that teaches classes in long range shooting, he'll probably chime in at some point, he knows of other ranges also.

He is teaching a Guerilla Sniper Course at Arena this weekend. They have a 2400M UKD range there as well as a 1K

I think he has some classes that he does in Pelham TN right across the border

Last edited:

cmshoot

Arena Training Facility in Blakely GA is outstanding. It’s a 4,000 acre facility with a myriad of different training venues; KD ranges, pistol ranges, breaching facility, multi-purpose ranges, shoot house, etc. It is not an open range, and they don’t have memberships, but they hold open shoots several times a year on their 2500yd range. They also host a wide array of competitions and some classes. I teach classes there 2-4 times a year.

Elk River Training Center in Pelham TN has a 1,000yd range. It is open to the public and they have memberships. I teach a 2-day Basic Precision Rifle Course there a few times a year. I take you from nothing to 1,000yds. Next course is in mid-April.

SCOTG In Laurens SC has around 1,500yds. I heard they have made quite a few improvements lately. It was a nice facility last time I shot there.

I have access to 400yds on private property outside of Cartersville. I’m running a mini-version of my 1,000yd course there, the next one is in May. This range is not open to the public.

Jester896

Senior Clown
SCOTG In Laurens SC has around 1,500yds. I heard they have made quite a few improvements lately. It was a nice facility last time I shot there.

I have wondered how this place was. Some folks in SC wanted to get together and shoot and I mentioned seeing some small amount of info on them.

cmshoot

I have wondered how this place was. Some folks in SC wanted to get together and shoot and I mentioned seeing some small amount of info on them.

I’ve heard that it has new owners since the old ones invited me over to teach. I have not confirmed this. My only complaints about the place was the small firing line and the provided steel targets are every 200yds. I’ve been told that they’ve greatly expanded the firing line; no idea about the available target distances. When I was there last, they did have multiple targets at every distance; 5 or so IIRC.

Last edited: