Looking for a 870 barrel

Brother David

I have my Father's old 870 Wingmaster that was purchased in 1972 . It's a 2 3/4 inch only chamber. My 14 year old is always asking about the Gun and the Stories it tells ( my Father passed away from cancer before he was born ) . I am going to gift the gun to him in August for his 15 birthday . The gun came with a 26" imp cylinder barrel , which I don't want to change . I am looking for a either a 30" or 28" barrel which I can convert to choke tube barrel or buy one already converted .
If someone could point in the right direction of a Smith or Barrel maker I would be grateful . I am asking and looking local also , but want to get the best barrel at best price . Thanks for looking.

Gator89

eBay is a great source for such items.

I have an early 1980's vintage Wingmaster and bought a blued 26" inch remchoke barrel about 15 years ago from Cabela's. All I see listed now are either the dull express finish or special purpose finish.

Good luck on your search.

rattlesnake1

I have my Father's old 870 Wingmaster that was purchased in 1972 . It's a 2 3/4 inch only chamber. My 14 year old is always asking about the Gun and the Stories it tells ( my Father passed away from cancer before he was born ) . I am going to gift the gun to him in August for his 15 birthday . The gun came with a 26" imp cylinder barrel , which I don't want to change . I am looking for a either a 30" or 28" barrel which I can convert to choke tube barrel or buy one already converted .
If someone could point in the right direction of a Smith or Barrel maker I would be grateful . I am asking and looking local also , but want to get the best barrel at best price . Thanks for looking.
google barrel exchange, they will have what you are looking for.

everywhere about $80. I have not been able to find one tapped for a choke tube. That will cost another $100 to have a gunsmith cut off and tap and thread for Remington choke tube thread pattern.

good luck

tbrown913

I dont know how long the original barrel on an 870 is, but I converted mine to a slug gun with a rifle barrel and still have the factory barrel. I have several choke tubes for it as well.

Big7

The Oracle
Shooters Den.

I don't have a card with all the info.
They are in Watkinsville, Ga.
They have a web site so they
won't be hard to find.

Anything I can't do I take Ithem.
Best shop I've ever used. (BY FAR)

If they can't fix it nobody can and
they won't over charge you.