Looking for A Scope!

gabowman

Hey guys,

My old World Class Tasco 3 x 9 is broke after 30 years of use! Now I'm needing a scope. I have it mounted on a Remington 700 BDL .300 Mag rifle with Redfield rings and base. I aint looking for anything expensive as my hunting is generally 100 yards and less. I don't want something so cheap that it wont gather light for those "magic" minutes and one that wont stand up to the recoil and stay zeroed either. I'm really hoping for something between $100-$150. Anything out there worth a crap at those ranges? Thanks.

ribber

I also had a Tasco World Class on my Rem 700 .270. I got a Redfield Revolution a few years ago and I love it. It was $170ish.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Bushnell 3-9x40mm is an excellent crystal clear scope and should last you many years trouble free and the warranty is as good as Vortex.

K80Shooter

For just a little more optics planet has a Vortex Diamondback with the v-plex crosshair it's a 3.5-10x50 in matt black. Retail was 319.00 now 40% off for 189.99 then you enter code 13CSTFV at checkout for another 13% off for a total of 165.29 shipped to you. No taxes or shipping. A pretty good deal.

I'm not sure but you may have to replace your scope base, this is a 1" scope, not sure what the tasco was plus with it being 50mm will require more height.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/v/dbk-m-03p-vortex-diamondback-3-5-10x50-matte.html

Reactions: Dub

jglenn

Check out the Sightron SI line of scopes... very good glass and well built for the $$. solid warranty service too

very underrated scope line

Hey guys,

My old World Class Tasco 3 x 9 is broke after 30 years of use! Now I'm needing a scope. I have it mounted on a Remington 700 BDL .300 Mag rifle with Redfield rings and base. I aint looking for anything expensive as my hunting is generally 100 yards and less. I don't want something so cheap that it wont gather light for those "magic" minutes and one that wont stand up to the recoil and stay zeroed either. I'm really hoping for something between $100-$150. Anything out there worth a crap at those ranges? Thanks.

Why not buy another Tasco?

sleepr71

Burris and Vortex get my vote in “economical” optics. Very under rated. A used VX Leopold is my second vote.

rosewood

Hey guys,

I believe the older Tascos have a lifetime warranty, have you contacted Bushnell and see if they will warranty it? Might cost you shipping, worth a shot.

Rosewood

lonewolf247

I believe the older Tascos have a lifetime warranty, have you contacted Bushnell and see if they will warranty it? Might cost you shipping, worth a shot.

Rosewood

Worth a shot, probably be a “no go” though. I tried to do just that, and was told since the company changed hands, they no longer honored the warranty, nor were they set up with the parts to fix them. I’d give it a try though. If it works out let us know.

The old world class scopes were actually a dependable inexpensive scope back in their day.

OP, I would start watching for Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, and try to find a a good scope on sale...

Hillbilly stalker

Check out " Natchez" shooting supply. The sale refurbished scopes....everything but Leupold. I have bought 2 Nikons and you cannot tell the difference between them and a new one. They come with a heckuva warranty at a fraction of the price. The 40mm buckmaster is top notch.

Robert28

So many great scopes in the $150 range! I'd look at a VX Freedom for $180(sometimes less!) or a Nikon Prostaff with nioplex reticle for $150 I bought awhile back that's been great! Consider all others mentioned too.

Brother David

I recently purchased a 3x12x44 Centerpoint from Walmart ( I know ) . I can't refuse a deal and bought it for $63 plus tax . I must say I am impressed , didn't need it , had good scopes for a New T/C Compass , but it's clearer than anything I own . I would buy another one no hesitation .

Darien1

I've been picking up every Vortex Copperhead in 4X12 that I can find. They are great scopes that were discontinued and several of the stores in Georgia have put them on sale in the last year for $99. About half of what they are actually worth

KentuckyHeadhunter

Make fun of me all you want but my Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 has been outstanding for 12 years now. But I used Leupold rings and bases. Haven't moved that scope in over a decade and its dead on.

Trapper Glatzer

gabowman,
I would have to say that the Nikon Prostaff 5 line of scopes would give you great scope that would last a lifetime, and should something happen they have a great warranty. You will see them run from $150 to $299, but they are very good scopes.
Good luck,
Trapper