Looking for fellow Kayaker's on the southside.

Ajohnson0587

Just purchased my first Kayak for fishing and I am a newbie, I've never owned a kayak and have only paddled in one 1 other time in my life. I'd like to meet up and fish with some more experienced kayak fisherman to learn the "ropes". Any fellow fishing kayaker's around south ATL? (Henry, Spaulding, Clayton, Rockdale, Coweta etc...) I am currently waiting for the Kayak to be delivered along with my paddle and PFD, I'm hoping it doesn't take too long. Also any advice from fellow fisherman not the in the area would be much appreciated, I have been doing a good bit of research and watching a ton of YouTube videos, but the more you know the better in my opinion.

Mickey Flatshoals

I live near downtown Atlanta but travel Georgia for work. The kayak is always in the back of the truck so I can fish wherever I’m going. If I’m heading down south I’ll dm you. I won’t be in your area in the next week.

Last edited:

Ajohnson0587

I live near downtown Atlanta but travel Georgia for work. The kayak is always in the back of the truck so I can fish wherever I’m going. If I’m heading down south I’ll dm you. I won’t be in your area in the next week.

sounds good, hopefully my kayak is here when I hear from you lol. shipping is taking longer then expected, but then again it's a kayak lol.;

crackerdave

Advice from an old kayak fisher: don't over load on the bells and whistles on your new boat,keep it down to two rods and a small tackle box,I hate a cluttered boat.
Fish municipal water reservoirs.
Buy a comfortable high-back seat.
I sold my kayak because I'm too old to handle the loading and unloading,and I drive a soft-top Jeep now.
Look on the Ga DNA website for some good small lakes to fish.Every good sized town has a water reservoir,and they don't allow gas motors.They are good,clean water and the fish are delicious.
I used a chain stringer and a jaw grip to get the big ones under control BEFORE you put them in your lap!

Last edited:

JC33

Wow, it looks like no one needs a fishing buddy.
I'm on the north side of town, but try to get down to fish High Falls Lake at least once or twice in the Spring. I'm hoping to hit it in the Fall this year as well and can keep ya posted. You may be a seasoned yak angler by then! Either way, I'd love to connect and tackle some bass out there. Enjoy the new boat,

Ajohnson0587

Thanks fellas. Dave I plan on fishing the Henry Country reservoirs and High falls the most to get comfortable, eventually I plan to branch to larger lakes. The only options I'm planning to add to the kayak are YakAttak BlackPak storage crate, Power pole micro, and a depth finder, the depth finder will be later down the road though. I wan to keep the weight down as much as possible

Ajohnson0587

I'm on the north side of town, but try to get down to fish High Falls Lake at least once or twice in the Spring. I'm hoping to hit it in the Fall this year as well and can keep ya posted. You may be a seasoned yak angler by then! Either way, I'd love to connect and tackle some bass out there. Enjoy the new boat,
Yeah, give me a holler, I used to fish High falls a lot back in 2008-2009, I am actually really excited to get back on this lake. I'm hoping the fish are still in the same area's lol.

GaLaw2

Can anyone recommend a good Personal Flotation Device? I love me , so price is not a consideration just range of motion and I weigh 230.