Looking for the previous owner of a 2011 Silverado traded in at Andean Chevrolet?

s.anderson

I know this is a long shot but I'm looking for the previous owner of a 2011 Silverado that I bought from Andean Chevrolet in Cumming. There is nothing wrong with it, quite the opposite. I bought this truck for my son. It's a 2011 and I have a 2015. Both trucks have the same engine and rear end but this one has a lot more bottom end than mine.

I'm trying to find the previous owner to find out what mods he did to it. The reason I'm posting here is because the truck had a "Hammonds" and "Triton" sticker on the rear window. It' is a 2011 Z71 Silver 4x4 and was traded in at Andean Chevrolet in late March of 2019. It has some type of aftermarket exhaust that sounds really good and a K&N cold air intake kit on it. Something is giving this truck a whole lot more bottom end power than mine and I would love to know what the previous owner did so I can do the same to mine.

Please PM me if you were the owner or know maybe who was.

Thanks.

Last edited:

j_seph

is their name not on the title

s.anderson

ask the dealer for previous service records
I've thought about contacting the dealer but I'm sure they can't give that information out and honestly I don't blame them. I actually don't really even need to know the owners name just what was done to the truck. It's not crazy important either I'm just curious.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Gear ratio the same?
You’d be best to find the difference in your trucks than finding the previous owner. Being 2011 new I doubt it’s any mods you can’t reproduce yourself on the 2015.
Same motor same rearend only leaves gears and then external mods 99 times out of 100. Maybe a chip?
Your probably not willing to dig in the motor of a 2015.

transfixer

No, just the previous history of service, wrecks, title history, and number of owners but not names.

If you can find a repair shop that uses a software program called HP Tuners, they can download the ecm file from both trucks and compare them, to see if anything was changed in the ecm programming on the 2011, HP Tuners has become very popular for GM trucks using the LS1 series of engines, someone familiar with the software can get as much as 50 extra hp just by changing a few settings.

s.anderson

You are correct, I'm not willing to do anything radical to a 2015 but the difference between the low end power is pretty dramatic. If there is a bolt on accessory that can make mine like this one, I want to know what it is.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Goggle Gm truck mods, after a little searching for mods “modifications” you’ll find plenty of DIY mods that are engine specific to yours.
Probably is in the tuning, tuner or gear ratio if you don’t “see” the difference in the two trucks under the hood and rear end tag. I doubt it’s a different cam or anything internal.

Reactions: K80

IIICrkRepr

With a cold air intake, after market exhaust, higher temp thermostat and a dyno tune, you would be surprised at the additional HP at the rear axle. I had it done to my 07 Silverado when I bought it new, liked it so much had the same guy do it again to my 15 Silverado I bought used. I also had him take care of the AFM delete.

sinclair1

Run the Vin. Could have been ordered with a towing package to pull the boat. That plus a exhaust change is all you would need. Check your top end performance, if they flip flop to the 15 being on top. It's probably a towing pkg.

lonewolf247

Compare gear ratio's and tire height. That kind of stuff, can make a lot of difference. Otherwise, I'd say some sort of chip, tuners, or programing. It's doubtful, that it's internal engine parts.

transfixer

The 2011 probably has the same 6spd as the 2015, a 6L80/6L90 , although the 2015 could have the 8spd, it was available in 2015, for his sake I hope he has the 6spd.

GoldDot40

chip installed
They don't do "chips" anymore. The ecm modifications done with software is how they handle things newer than 1996.

It can be done with a preset handheld performance programmer or have a shop custom tune it to work in harmony with other bolt-on mods. Most of the time you simply turn off or greatly reduce the torque management system off and you get to feel the entire output the engine is capable of.

Manufacturers use torque management to actually reduce the power to soften the workload on the transmission and drivetrain...for longevity. So...from a dead stop, if you floorboard a totally stock vehicle, it may cut the power back up to 40%...so you never FEEL the true potential. Reducing the TM is usually what the preset handheld programmers do, although you can buy some that are more in depth such as calibrating the speedometer for larger tires and different temp thermostats.

A custom tuner will go in the ecm and change other parameters such as timing, fuel curves, turn off torque management, increase transmission shift points and firmness, etc. A dyno tune calls for putting the vehicle on a chassis dyno and doing multiple pulls while tweaking parameters until they find the highest power output.

I have a '02 Silverado with longtube headers, off-road Y pipe and Magnaflow muffler, K&N cold air intake AND a custom tune. It is a HUGE difference vs stock. I could pull my 19ft bassboat and barely notice it was behind me.

95g atl

Likely a custom tune. Anyone smart that does the exhaust and intake on a chevy, likely did the tune as well. Makes a drastic difference.

I have a tahoe and had BLACKBEAR do a custom tune (in car with laptop). Made a WORLD of difference. Better low end, more solid shifting, quicker forced downshift when you nail the throttle, etc.