Looking for Venison Jerky recipe

ssramage

It’s been a while since I’ve made jerky. I’ve got a bunch of meat ready to go to make a few batches.

If you have a great recipe I’d love to see it.

twtabb

1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
1/3 cup coke
marinate at least 24 hours.
I hit it with a light sprinkle of black pepper when it’s on the dehydrator rack.

little rascal

Don't ever use liquid smoke In nothing! u can thank me later. The recipe above is close to mine, except add 1 cup water, 1 cup whiskey, omit the liquid smoke and I wouldn't use the sugar, yes the longer you can marinate the better! I started drying mine on a smoker until it ain't wet and dripping anymore, then transfer to a dehydrator. Makes awesome jerky. You can do this with fish, chicken, beef, pork, Turkey, whatever needs jerked!

Turpentine

Soak it in wishon sour sauce. Idk how to spell it.
For at least 24 hours.
A dash of salt on this piece, a dash of steak season on that piece. Maybe a dash of spicy seasoning on that piece.
Definitely a dash of brown sugar on a piece or two. Dash of garlic on another. ECT.

I know it probably sounds rough but I've thought about malt vinegar jerky before. Like the kind at captain d.
Bag of jerky would probably last a while.

fireman1501

I like to grind it and shoot it in the jerky gun. I buy seasoning from LEM it is some of the best you will eat. You can make slim Jim's and meat sticks. And I also like to add its easy

furtaker

I usually use one of the jerky seasoning packets you can buy at Academy and add some red and black pepper. Put the dehydrator back on the shelf and buy an electric smoker.