Looking to buy a new kicks choke

K Dowling

Which do you prefer and why, vortex or high flyer??and do you have to shoot black clouds out of the vortex? Thanks.

krazybronco2

you dont have to only shoot black clouds out of the vortex but from talking to someone that used to work there the wad on the black clouds doesnt like ported chokes that much

Not sure about the kicks, but I shoot the pattern master extended range made for Blind side. It will shoot other shells out of it all day long, but a choke not made for blind side doesn't like shooing the blind side out of them. Made more since to me sense that's about all I shoot out west, if I'm shooting woodies around here I will just shoot Kent's out of it

Boudreaux

I have the High Flyer in my Extrema 2 that I typically take on a goose hunt. Don't shoot Black Clouds though.

I have a Rhino choke in the SBE 2 that I take when I'm duck hunting. Don't shoot BC out of it either, though.

Both work well with Heavy Metal, Fasteel, and Fiochi

K Dowling

i thought bout getting the pattern master but but i dont know if i wanna spend that much
im stuck between full and modified

gunsmoke32

Banned
I've got a Kicks high flyer and vortex in IC and Mod. I mostly shoot Black Cloud or Heavy Metal because that is what patterns best out of my Beretta a400 Extreme. With the BC and Vortex its a deadly combo. You can shoot anything with the vortex choke but not the high flyer. As far as pattering in my gun with either choke its about the same with the Blackclouds. Works for me.

Yeah listen to gunsmoke. The Vortex and high flyer both work awesome with the A400. If you want proof then ask gunsmoke to see his drake hoodie that he took to Stanford.

WFL

Shop around and see if folks will let you put it on paper. I would say a LM in it. Now as brand I like one but a few good ones out.

deast1988

I have highflyer full. Big lakes pass shooting.

I have modified vortex for over decoys, swamps, sloughs close stuff.

That being said I shoot either federal premium #3s or hevi metal #3s. 3.5in or 3in

I've patterned blindside, black cloud. The only advantage is on average with the blindside you get 50 more pellets in the pattern.

I've killed 50 yard ducks with both. The full tears um up a little more. But they both are killers.