Looney toons

Thread starter #1
Visit from Woody Woodpecker. Actually had a pair but couldn't get them both in one shot. Big birds - that bird house is 18" tall.

DSC_3961 copyR.jpg DSC_3956 copyR.jpg DSC_3943 copyR.jpg

Last edited:

Cmp1

Swamp Yankee OABA Recipient
Great shots, Dawg! They are neat birds, and pretty noisy too! :D
Very,,,, we have a lot here, but Nic has tons his way,,,, and when they fly,,,, noisy also,,,,, nice shots, love Pillieated woodpeckers,,,, they love suet BTW,,,,

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I see them around my yard daily. They sound like they're building a condo out back early every morning with all that loud pecking! Have you ever seen them on the ground? They do not walk, they hop around, and it looks funny. :LOL:

Cmp1

Swamp Yankee OABA Recipient
I see them around my yard daily. They sound like they're building a condo out back early every morning with all that loud pecking! Have you ever seen them on the ground? They do not walk, they hop around, and it looks funny. :LOL:
Pretty good sized wingspan too,,,,

Thread starter #8
I saw one a few years back coming thru the woods while I was turkey hunting. It looked at least two feet tall - got my juices flowing for just a moment until I figured out what it was.

Thread starter #9
Very,,,, we have a lot here, but Nic has tons his way,,,, and when they fly,,,, noisy also,,,,, nice shots, love Pillieated woodpeckers,,,, they love suet BTW,,,,
I had just put out a suet cake two days earlier.

carver

Fine shot Dennis,I see the regular up here