Lots of Climbing already

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I love seeing what looks like squirrel nests the size of VW Beetles in the trees! By the start of archery season, the leaves will have browned out enough to stand out in the woods and make it very obvious where the bears have been in the trees...

JB, you've got a great head start! I'm hoping to heal up enough by archery season to join you for a couple of hunts. I know your stride and hunting distance is much greater than mine, and with what I've done to my mobility recently, I'll have to hang closer to our access points while you go long. Would love to be around to help you drag one...
Always looking forward!
Gonna have to buy a couple of good gmrs radios!

Buckman18

Jbogg,

Just remember, Killer Kyle is a great dragging partner! :)

This is YOUR year!

Buckman18

Hey Buckman, Kyle had already told me to put you on my speed dial for dragging help. Hope you don’t mind. ?

I’ve got a Big Bear that can do some serious dragging! A Yamaha Big Bear! I won’t tell if you don’t! ;)

I hope we all get to help each other do some dragging this season!

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I'm going to tune them up and try them out a little here around Roswell, but the true test will be when trying to use them in the big hills.
That game sled saved the day on my only drag out so far. It is a very heavy duty tarp with compression straps sewn in so you can tighten up the bear like a cocoon and he won't fall out. I wrapped up a couple of 12 to 14 foot straight sticks with my bear, so that the sticks stuck out about 5 or 6 ft out of each end. I put one end of each stick over each shoulder so that the bear was mostly lifted off the ground and down the mountain I went...