Lounger, Vest, or Hammock seat?

JBGriffith

Whats everyone using for a seat? I have a vest with padded seat, but possibly looking at a lounger chair or the dead ringer hammock seat. The hammock seat looks to be really compact and comfortable. Just wanted to see what everyone's preference was.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I sat against a tree on a thin cushion for 26 years. I'm kinda partial to that thin cushion in a lounger the last few years. Sure is comfortable. Puts your knee up just right to prop up to shoot.

Swamprat

Swamprat
I generally just use my vest with padded seat but also have (hard to describe) a short fold out four legged stool with a web seat that the back legs are a few inches shorter than the front so you lean back against the tree.

All told it is maybe 10" off the ground. Has a shoulder strap and is very light and pretty comfy. Mostly use that if the ground is pretty soggy from recent rain or if I am in a river bottom that might have the perfect tree that is in a few inches of water.

TomC

Go to Cabelas and buy one of their Gobbler Loungers for around $30. Killed deer and turkey from mine. They are SOOOOOOO comfortable.

blindhog

Also for mobility I use an innertube seat. Best thing that ever happened to my turkey hunting gear!
I have 2

mose

Always just used the pad on the vest but I just got one of the loungers at Wally World today $20 Seems pretty comfy. I’ll give it a shot unless it becomes a pain to tote.

Twiggbuster

lounger- redhead to be exact
real comfortable can sit in one spot for hours
like others have said- puts your knees in just the right spot

Bubba_1122

I often use a cloth camp table to sit on when I'm running the woods. Sit on the table and lean against a tree.

Small - easy to carry. Lightweight. Comfortable.

Weight capacity? Not much, but not really been a problem (I'm about 220 lbs).

Look here to see what I'm talking about (this is Cabelas - I bought mine at Dick's on sale for around $10 3 or 4 years ago):

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Fabric-Camp-Table/2416319.uts?productVariantId=4988541&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=04680534&rid=20&ds_rl=1252079&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInIb5gtvr2QIV2rjACh2IbQGKEAYYCCABEgJZ2vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I wish you could still find the old fold out cloth chairs without arms.

deast1988

I have tater 2 vest from Cabelas and turkey thug chair from Walmart if I go in to set up chair goes I don't let seat cushion down on vest till I leave the chair and start roaming.

Kwaksmoka

a friend of mine recommended the Breedlove seat, I got one for this year. seems to be well made, check them out.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Turkey lounger for me. Really helps keep them ticks off of me from not sitting directly on the ground plus like stated already it puts your knees in a good position to have as a gun rest.

Johnny 71

Junebug
I use the turkey lounger, for all the reasons mentioned above, but I didn’t like carrying it, so I use an old back pack I had, put the lounger in it, a couple calls, water, a snack, works great, both hands free , if I want to run and gun, and I don’t have to fight to keep the chair strap on my shoulder

J Gilbert

I have a hammock seat and will use it sometimes in the deer woods, I haven't used it for turkeys though because it sits you a bit higher and farther out from the tree than the other options, and doesn't allow you to rest your gun on your knee to shoot

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

JHannah92

I have a hammock seat and will use it sometimes in the deer woods, I haven't used it for turkeys though because it sits you a bit higher and farther out from the tree than the other options, and doesn't allow you to rest your gun on your knee to shoot

Drop your strap down a little on the tree. You can get it as low (maybe lower) than those lounger style seats.

Permitchaser

I have an old vest with the flop down thin pad. It holds all my stuff. I've not seen any like it. Probably over 30 years old. I have and my grandson have killed some turkeys over the years with it so I'm not changing. But I'm going to look at the lounger

01Foreman400

Staff member
Been using a turkey lounger since they came out. They are very comfortable and I can set up anywhere.

fishnfool

Drop your strap down a little on the tree. You can get it as low (maybe lower) than those lounger style seats.

Yep this^^^
Once you get use to them and realize how versatile they are, you will not leave home without it. I know I won't! I use the hammock seat, no toting chairs around anymore for me.