Lumpkin County

PappyHoel

I saw 12 deer total this past weekend. They were definitely more active than I've seen in the past few weeks. I witnessed a young 8pt dogging the does and grunting the whole time. I couldn't get him to stop, he wanted nothing to do with me.

jlt4800

Hopefully this cooler weather coming in this weekend will get them on their feet!

jlt4800

If my wife gets to feeling better I'll be on the lower part of the NF Saturday.

josh chatham

I believe its time to be in the woods. One good buck was shot yesterday that I heard about. Buddy hunted and used a doe bleat to call one to him. This weekend and next week it should be on!

Fire Eater

I believe its time to be in the woods. One good buck was shot yesterday that I heard about. Buddy hunted and used a doe bleat to call one to him. This weekend and next week it should be on!

I believe you are right! Eight-point, 15 inch outside spread, 125 lbs. dressed, walked out in front of me at 10:15...pics to follow! Black Widow lure strikes again!:banana:

FYI: That is a NATIONAL FOREST (Lumpkin county) deer.

Attachments

• Deer 11.21.15 f.jpg
    Deer 11.21.15 f.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 653
Last edited:

pnome

Yup! Definitely time to be in the woods!

Attachments

• 2398.jpg
    2398.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 666

josh chatham

Good deer guys!! Saw several yesterday morning! Little bucks chasing. Looks like y'all found some big boys out!! Its on!! Gonna be a fun next couple weeks!

jlt4800

Congratulations!!
Nice deer!
Definitely time to be in the woods any chance you get.

treemutt

Glad to hear they have started I'll be hitting it hard starting tomorrow.I got some good pics but haven't been in the woods yet this yr. here.I hunted Blanton Creek Thurs & Fri. but no luck just small ones.

PappyHoel

Had a small spike chase a small doe under my stand yesterday morning. Same area that Pnome shot his buck.

pnome

Had a small spike chase a small doe under my stand yesterday morning. Same area that Pnome shot his buck.

That buck I shot had the tips of his main beam and right g2 broken off. So, he's been fighting. I suspect there is another in that area either as big, or bigger.

PappyHoel

That buck I shot had the tips of his main beam and right g2 broken off. So, he's been fighting. I suspect there is another in that area either as big, or bigger.

There is - wink wink :)

treemutt

Well nothing happening this morning in N.W.Hall Co. I had one young 6pt walk right under me just after daylight.He was rutted up at all neck not swelled tarsal glands just barely stained,maybe in the morning

Festus

How did you do? See any?

I saw a spike yesterday evening but nothing today. 3 others hunting near camp didn't see anything today either. There were also hunters checked in on the power line and on the 300 but didn't speak with them.
I'll be back up on Friday.

PappyHoel

I saw a spike yesterday evening but nothing today. 3 others hunting near camp didn't see anything today either. There were also hunters checked in on the power line and on the 300 but didn't speak with them.
I'll be back up on Friday.

There's only been 4 deer taken. 3 does and a buck. This time last year we had at least 10. I might go tomorrow morning but definitely Friday.