lunchtime bird

Dog Hunter

Went to put camera out on plot at lunch. After walking on down road and hit slate a couple times. Thought I heard a bird answer. Waited a couple minutes and hit it again. Sure enough it was and he was closing the distance and fast. The problem is my gun and camo is in truck a half a mile away. I take off for the truck and decide to give hima go. Get back to truck and grab gun and throw on bug tamer top. Head back down road to food plot with camera. Yelp and he answers from the spot I had called from earlier. Set up and yelp. He's coming. He gets to food plot andi watch him for a few minutes so he can make it to camera since it's on video in hopes on getting some footage. Camera doesn't video until I go to pick him up.

TurkeyDreamer

Good job. I don't think the cameras pick up turkeys as well as larger bodied warm blooded animals IMO. Makes me wonder how often we are missing footage when they are actually there.

Glad it worked out for ya!

QuackAttack101

Good job. I don't think the cameras pick up turkeys as well as larger bodied warm blooded animals IMO. Makes me wonder how often we are missing footage when they are actually there.

Glad it worked out for ya!

I've often thought that too. I'll have turkey droppings all over a food plot and only a handful of turkey pictures. Seems that mine only pick them up if they're really close, but they'll pick up a deer 30 yards away