Macro day.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Great shots! Most people never even notice things like solitary bees and assassin bug nymphs. Or realize how hard it is to get good, sharp shots of something that size. :rockon:

natureman

Great shots! Most people never even notice things like solitary bees and assassin bug nymphs. Or realize how hard it is to get good, sharp shots of something that size. :rockon:

Thanks, I still have not perfected macro still shooting yet. Even more difficult trying to shoot video. Subjects don't want to cooperate.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Those Nikon diopters work pretty good for the money.

wvdawg

Staff member
Good ones! I sometimes get better focus with my extension tubes than with my macro lens Hard to control depth of field sometimes.

Bubba_1122

I haven't much been shooting pics (except a little sports stuff) for quite a while.

Looking to do some portrait type pics soon and maybe a little nature.

Was rummaging through my camera equipment last night and ran up on two old Nikon Lester Dine 105 macro lenses that I had bought several years ago after seeing the results that Rip18 had with them. Lenses were originally sold for use in dental offices to take pics of teeth (i.e. designed for close up work).

I shoot Canon equipment. Have an adapter so the lens would fit a Canon. Still, figured out real fast I didn't have the hang of it and that I definitely wasn't Rip18 when it came to shooting macros.

Anyway, I'm gonna spend a little time next week piddling with it trying to get some decent shots.

natureman

I haven't much been shooting pics (except a little sports stuff) for quite a while.

Looking to do some portrait type pics soon and maybe a little nature.

Was rummaging through my camera equipment last night and ran up on two old Nikon Lester Dine 105 macro lenses that I had bought several years ago after seeing the results that Rip18 had with them. Lenses were originally sold for use in dental offices to take pics of teeth (i.e. designed for close up work).

I shoot Canon equipment. Have an adapter so the lens would fit a Canon. Still, figured out real fast I didn't have the hang of it and that I definitely wasn't Rip18 when it came to shooting macros.

Anyway, I'm gonna spend a little time next week piddling with it trying to get some decent shots.

Looks like a very well thought of lens. Does yours have the ring light?

GAJoe

Excellent images! Great work as usual.