Maine moose camp 2020 part 2, hangin out and partridge huntin

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
The rest of the week was mostly spent partridge huntin and just havin a good time! Cookin, laughin, eatin, and tellin stories!!!

Homemade egg mcmuffins is a breakfast tradition for us
20201012_042914_resized.jpg

One of my favorite picture series of the trip...
2 fine young American cousins hit the huntin trail together
20201016_072728_resized.jpg

And they double on fat birds! Great team work and great safety awareness! They make me proud!
20201016_074236_resized.jpg

Bow lake drainage at my cousins camp. Canada on the other side.
20201014_065329_resized.jpg

My boy doubles with his uncle on rainy Friday
20201017_091047_resized.jpg

Picture may not show it good but this bridge has been hit and pushed with a lot of ice and wood flowing downstream over the years
20201017_093019_resized.jpg

Buffalo partridge strips comin up!
20201016_172707_resized.jpg

With fries!
20201016_173433_resized.jpg

My girl is very protective of good food! (They actually make a good corn bread too, wouldn't think any cornbread other than from the southeast would be good but I was happy with my cousins wifes cornbread.)
20201016_181156_resized.jpg

Saturday afternoon the rain turned to snow! It was fun to hunt birds in!
There was a couple inches on the ground Sunday mornin, would've been fun to hunt 1 more mornin but there's no Sunday hunting in Maine. Plus we had to pack up and head south anyway!
Was a great trip! Thanks for checkin out the story! And have great luck to all y'all!!!!!!!!!!
20201017_173721_resized.jpg

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Congratulations on what looks like a fun time. My dream hunt.

wvdawg

Staff member
Wow! That had to be a great trip! Happy for you and your family!

Toliver

A friend of mine finished walking the Appalachian Trail a couple of weeks ago. He posted videos each day. The videos and pictures of Maine were by far the most beautiful. It really made me want to go up there, even if not to hunt but just to camp and see the sights. I always joke about not even wanting to go there in July due to it being too cold but that is one gorgeous state. I may have to just deal with the cold someday and go. Congrats on a great hunt and time spent with family.

Mattval

Looks like a good time. Good Job!

DrK

Looks like a family tradition has just been set! You and the kids will cherish the memories and look forward to new ones coming

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Would love to visit that state. Thanks for posting.