Mainly water trapping this year

Mark K

Banned
Don’t feel bad...I had to Google it too. I thought it was like their nuts until I read both male and female have them.
I’ll let the real guys tell you. Your wife/girlfriend may even be wearing some from what I understand.

SemperFi

This might be a stupid question, but what are casters. I'm a coyote hunter so forgive the...

Castors are the scent glands located in the lower abdomen of a beaver. They use these to mark their territory. They are used in cosmetics and some food flavoring. They are also used to make beaver and other predator lures. All fur bearers are attracted to castor. Most beavers trappers will keep them to sale at the auction houses or sale them to lure makers.

SemperFi

Or another beaver. I`ve seen them tear up another beaver that was in a conibear, more than once. Never did understand why though.

Yeah I’ve had them in in 330’s all bit up. Only thing I can think is he used to beat up on everybody else and they’re getting there shots in while he’s down. This particular one was under water in a foothold so thats why I’m thinking turtles.

oldguy

Castors are the scent glands located in the lower abdomen of a beaver. They use these to mark their territory. They are used in cosmetics and some food flavoring. They are also used to make beaver and other predator lures. All fur bearers are attracted to castor. Most beavers trappers will keep them to sale at the auction houses or sale them to lure makers.
Like Semper Fi says all furbearers are attracted to castor. My coyote bait is chunks of beaver or deer layered with crushed dried castors. Fellow trapper says it makes it smell good enough to eat! Also ALL furbearers like beaver meat. Bob cats hunt along small streams and will pull trapped beaver out of the water and eat them. Had a house cat that would jump up in the back of the truck, sit on a beaver I was getting ready to skin, and growl at me! Had to cut her off a piece quick to placate her.
Tell all the girls in school classes about castor being used as a fixative in fine perfumes.
Think I've posted before but most kids say it smells like new tires, the tire store. It has a strong smell, but not an unpleasant smell. Smells like $$$ to me!
A snapping turtle(s) can/will eat a beaver underwater 'til there's nothing left but the skin. Caught beaver in a drowning rig and pulled up a foot attached to an empty skin!
Take castors out of beavers from one colony, to another colony, make a small pile of mud and leaves (fake castor mound) and add a little of your castor - you Will catch beavers!

Permitchaser

thanks thats what I thought