Major Nashville Interstate Closed by Huge Mudslide

An update this morning in the paper and on the local, Nashville, news. Looking at not having the eastbound lanes open before MARCH 15th now. There are an estimated 5,000 dump truck loads of debris that need to be moved. Thus far, less than 100 have been moved.

The "new" plan now includes the making of a new lane on the interstate for 1/2 - 1 mile around the problem area as they continue to remove all the debris (estimated at 50,000 cubic yards). So, the travel to Nashville from the northwest will be problematic for at least another 2 weeks.

Cmp1

BANNED
An update this morning in the paper and on the local, Nashville, news. Looking at not having the eastbound lanes open before MARCH 15th now. There are an estimated 5,000 dump truck loads of debris that need to be moved. Thus far, less than 100 have been moved.

The "new" plan now includes the making of a new lane on the interstate for 1/2 - 1 mile around the problem area as they continue to remove all the debris (estimated at 50,000 cubic yards). So, the travel to Nashville from the northwest will be problematic for at least another 2 weeks.
Hope they go quick,,,,hopefully coming down around that time,,,,from I-65 north,,,,

UPDATE! The interstate, I-24 E, is now, as of this morning open to through traffic, from points northwest of Nashville.

The overall repairs and "fix" continues, but traffic has been re-opened to get through on a mile's worth of temporary lanes, bypassing the continuing work.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
UPDATE! The interstate, I-24 E, is now, as of this morning open to through traffic, from points northwest of Nashville.

The overall repairs and "fix" continues, but traffic has been re-opened to get through on a mile's worth of temporary lanes, bypassing the continuing work.
Thanks, Swampy will be happy to here that he doesn't have to change his route.