Make 'Em Quiver Team Thread 2015

APPierce0628

We're all paid up, so I guess we're official now. I'm behind on deer stuff this year, but intend to start soon. I have a good school schedule this year with only 3 classes and the latest ending at 1 pm. Tuesdays I only have 1 class which ends at 9 am, so that is good also. Hopefully I can fare better than previous years and we can give some guys a run for their money! :flag:

Soybean

Almost time. I love this time of year, when I can't focus on anything else in life but the approaching deer season. I feel very prepared this year. Ive been working on my spots since early June. New stands, lanes, etc. Bows are tuned and ready to rock.

Win or lose, this contest is fun. Looking forward to it.

chris41081

Good luck this year Soybean! I'll be getting a week early head start in Kentucky. Keep in touch this season. You have an open invitation to come down to my club this year.

Soybean

you too chris! ive got a few spots we can go to as well. good luck in Kentucky. Just remember you cant enter one of those Kentucky bruisers in this contest::ke:::whip:

APPierce0628

Got one food plot in about 2 hours ago. Right as we finished covering the seed, it began to rain. Hopefully we will have a decent plot by opening weekend.

Update: Put one more in at about 2 pm today (8/18). Looking to put at least one more in this week.

Last edited:

APPierce0628

I'll be with my dad this weekend, so it's another missed opener for me. I also have an 11 page paper due on Tuesday which was originally due next Saturday, so I'll be working my tail off this weekend to get that done. I should be able to get a few hunts in next week, but my English professor is killing me with work facepalm: . Hope you guys enjoy the opener! Best of luck!

Soybean

plenty of season, school comes first. good luck!

kbuck and I will hold it down for a couple days for you.

kbuck1

Passed a few does waiting on the bachelor group thats been hanging around. They showed up in the edge of the pasture right after I climbed down . I was able to make them out through binoculars. Think I slipped out clean enough not to have spooked them. Im going to try again this afternoon

Season is just getting started. you have plenty of time. We are heading to the beach Tuesday and wont be back till saturday , so i'll be out of commission for a while. Good luck

Soybean

swing and a miss at a doe last night. my arrow hit a limb that i just didnt see. this wsw wind has me staying out of my sets where big boy is at. im waiting on the east wind on monday afternoon for that set. going back to the doe hole this afternoon. maybe my luck will be a little better tonight.

Soybean

we are on the board. the doe hole came through tonight. ill upload pics in the morning. its bedtime.

APPierce0628

Nice. I'm totally jealous. I'll be lucky to get outside by this weekend. This research paper is whipping my tail and will continue to until Wednesday. Congrats man! Get some good rest!

APPierce0628

Glad you're stacking them up, buddy. I should be able to hunt Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon. I got that 9 page paper completed Tuesday night after a 12 hour typing marathon. Back to my normal schedule and I should get some hunting in. Good luck this week/weekend Soybean, and enjoy the beach, kbuck. Make sure to get some pictures, so you can have the memories forever.

Soybean

Good luck AAP. Im headed back to the bean field this weekend myself. ITS DEER SEASON and Im loving it!

APPierce0628

On my first hunt of the year. So relieved. A new friend I made in English class let me use his computer to type my paper and while I was over there he invited me to call him whenever I wanted to hunt and we could hunt 1300 acres he has access to about 10 minutes from my place, so we're out here now in the white oaks. Something good did come out of that horrible paper. I'll check back with you guys if I get anything today or tomorrow. Good luck this weekend.

APPierce0628

Dang. He should definitely be dead with blood like that. That's a huge bummer. I am equally as puzzled as you. That's crazy. If you don't find him, I know it won't hold you down, but it's still no fun regardless.

Last edited:

Soybean

good luck kbuck, id say that deer is going to die. it just depends how far he makes it before he does. get a good dog buddy, good luck. im sure there are others closer to you but nic skinner and his dogs are incredible. ive watched them work, several times. if that deer is dead, his dogs will find it.