Man killed trying to declare Jesus.

ambush80

Are you sure that just handing out religious information is the same as proselytizing?

I won a really cool Old Timer knife set and a $50 Bass Pro Shop card this week at a seminar. Both had business cards in the envelopes with their company brochures telling me what they offered. Would you have issues there?

In a sense both want my business, I guess the better question is are you ok with proselytizing everything except religion? Or is there that much of a difference in converting business and religion?

The act of doing either through handing out items with “call me” information has no real differences in the two.

I don't really mind either practice but I don't like them either. I don't mind advertising. I don't like flyers on my windshield or on my front door knob.

ambush80

I've done a good bit of living like a stone age person over the years. I would take it over living in an apartment in New York City any day, and twice on Sunday. Serious about that.

There's a spectrum there. I lived in a tent for several months on and off in Montana as an apprentice guide, guide school student, and wrangler/guide. It was plush tent living but I wouldn't want to live like that all the time.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I don't really mind either practice but I don't like them either. I don't mind advertising. I don't like flyers on my windshield or on my front door knob.
Same here. I usually avoid the tables sat up in front of Walmart taking up and passing out things.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
There's a spectrum there. I lived in a tent for several months on and off in Montana as an apprentice guide, guide school student, and wrangler/guide. It was plush tent living but I wouldn't want to live like that all the time.
But if it is all you've ever known.....

WaltL1

But if it is all you've ever known.....
Yes.
Who are we to say -
You should want a Lazy Boy.
You should want to get a pizza delivered.
You should want all these unnecessary comforts that you didn't know you wanted etc.
Even when it comes to medicine -
You should want a Flu shot. Without even knowing if the flu is a problem for them.
You should want a cure for small pox. Even though you don't get small pox unless we give it to you.
You should want to live to 100. Even though you will spend those additional years sitting in an old folks home not able to do the things that made your life so enjoyable.

Very slippery slope.

WaltL1

Turn on the TV.
Tiny homes.
Living off the grid.
Alaska homesteading.
And on and on.
Seems like more and more folks are rejecting modernity and going "primitive"
Why?

ambush80

Turn on the TV.
Tiny homes.
Living off the grid.
Alaska homesteading.
And on and on.
Why?

It's not that many people and they still want penicillin.

Dr. Strangelove

Interesting.

So a bunch of "godless heathens" killed a guy who encroached upon their world.

Kind of a muddy mess here. Some idiot gets himself killed while violating laws when he should have known better vs. "Hey, we really can't let these folks get away with straight up killing folks."

Is it even moral to let a known group of people live without access to modern technology, medicine, etc? Kind of like putting folks into a zoo or some kind of awful sociological experiment?

What's their take on murder? To them they were defending their homeland against a foreign invader, I suppose. So, are they truly unaware of the outside world or do they simply choose not to be a part of it?

If they were truly unaware of the outside world, I'll give them killing a Christian missionary or two. It's a hazard of the job.

Given that the fishing boat guys were clearly aware of their existence and aggressive nature, the same can be said of the folks living on the island. They are cleary aware that a society outside of theirs exists and has technology that they do not.

So, do they want want the metal rain? Because stuff like this is what what brings the metal rain. (Not really, I get that no one is going to run an ARCLIGHT strike on a godforsaken tiny island in the Pacific Ocean to wipe out a tiny society)

Israel

BANNED
Interesting.

So a bunch of "godless heathens" killed a guy who encroached upon their world.

Kind of a muddy mess here. Some idiot gets himself killed while violating laws when he should have known better vs. "Hey, we really can't let these folks get away with straight up killing folks."

Is it even moral to let a known group of people live without access to modern technology, medicine, etc? Kind of like putting folks into a zoo or some kind of awful sociological experiment?

What's their take on murder? To them they were defending their homeland against a foreign invader, I suppose. So, are they truly unaware of the outside world or do they simply choose not to be a part of it?

If they were truly unaware of the outside world, I'll give them killing a Christian missionary or two. It's a hazard of the job.

Given that the fishing boat guys were clearly aware of their existence and aggressive nature, the same can be said of the folks living on the island. They are cleary aware that a society outside of theirs exists and has technology that they do not.

So, do they want want the metal rain? Because stuff like this is what what brings the metal rain. (Not really, I get that no one is going to run an ARCLIGHT strike on a godforsaken tiny island in the Pacific Ocean to wipe out a tiny society)

Ruby Ridge is stretching it a bit, I guess...but by how much?

How far does sovereignty stretch, and whose...is the question. And when is exception made...and to what extent in what circumstance?

Is India at fault...let's say...that in every other territory/area under their "sovereign" control...it would probably be a crime to shoot arrows into someone unarmed approaching...even what might be deemed "your property"...or beach. But here, as you say they exempt certain "citizens" (are they)...what is their status? For whatever purpose...a sociological experiment?

You're right in that it is a muddy mess.

Ole Buster Gonmember is one unruly and wild dude. Everybody knows it. He's got his fifty acres in the hills clearly marked "Trespassers will be shot and survivors shot again" He thinks he's a clever guy, son of the mountain men and the heir of the spirit of the minutemen. He thinks his signs are enough, but he's still gonna have to answer for the bodies found of two wayward hikers. It doesn't matter that he thinks his castle doctrine extends over 2,000,000 square feet, at all.

Jesus ain't naive. Signs all over this earth proclaim we got our own thing happening, "outsiders not welcome". With a sign beneath it "and we reserve to ourselves the right to determine what an outsider looks like...to us".

Some even think...this is "their" forum.
Though they didn't set it up, engineer it, develop any software in regard to it, or even title it. It's...cute.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Turn on the TV.
Tiny homes.
Living off the grid.
Alaska homesteading.
And on and on.
Why?
Not the only reason for all, but for me I would due to too much government policy and tax involved with modernization.

Israel

BANNED
“Sanity is not statistical.”
― George Orwell, 1984