Man killed trying to declare Jesus.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I get that, but that doesn’t mean he is correct in his reasons.
My GAWD Spotlite!!!! You sound like...like...gasp! "US"!!!!!

Welcome to the dark side.

Hopefully you can see why "we" say the things we do sometimes.

How is it he might be incorrect in his calling/experiences/reasons but you are not? I don't even want an answer, just food for thought.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
I think it's easy to feel offended. I see it from both sides. I see it in some of your examples as well.

The thing about evloution kinda offended me as I am a Christian who does believe in evolution. Made it seem like folks like me are strange for believing in evolution.

Well, I did stick my nose in here. ??

Artfuldodger

Knowing that this life is temporal as mentioned earlier, the missionary believed the part of Christianity that lies beyond this life.

I can't say that he did the right thing by my standards. Maybe his faith is stronger than mine. Like someone having faith in God not to go to a doctor. Maybe he believed his days were numbered and that was the day for him. People believe all sorts of things about God and religion.

His temporal body is resting. His spiritual body is elsewhere. He has renewed.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Knowing that this life is temporal as mentioned earlier, the missionary believed the part of Christianity that lies beyond this life.

I can't say that he did the right thing by my standards. Maybe his faith is stronger than mine. Like someone having faith in God not to go to a doctor. Maybe he believed his days were numbered and that was the day for him. People believe all sorts of things about God and religion.

His temporal body is resting. His spiritual body is elsewhere. He has renewed.
Some see a nut, other see a marytr.
One? Both? Neither?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
My GAWD Spotlite!!!! You sound like...like...gasp! "US"!!!!!

Welcome to the dark side.

Hopefully you can see why "we" say the things we do sometimes.

How is it he might be incorrect in his calling/experiences/reasons but you are not? I don't even want an answer, just food for thought.
Lol - but no I’m not on the dark side.

For one, I have enough sense to know if I felt that God sent me to that island, he’d open that door. Them shooting at me would question that open door, they’re aint a day 2 part of the story.

Artfuldodger

I'm not saying you are guilty but some Christians do belittle Atheist for not believing. I guess when you believe in something as strongly as Jesus, it's easy to think the other side is crazy.

Go through some of these threads and read some of the rebuttals from both sides. Some can get very condescending. Sometimes it gets as bad as the Democrats vs the Republicans.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Lol - but no I’m not on the dark side.

For one, I have enough sense to know if I felt that God sent me to that island, he’d open that door. Them shooting at me would question that open door, they’re aint a day 2 part of the story.
Shot at him and hit the bible.
God saved him.
As the guy, it is a sign to continue? Invincible by God's wishes?
Had day two he was accepted and converted them all in a month, I suspect it could be used as some sort of proof.
No?

Artfuldodger

God saved him.
Had day two he was accepted and converted them all in a month, I suspect it could be used as some sort of proof.
No?

Perhaps this story was to lead others to Christ and it was never God's will for the tribesmen to be part of the Elect. Maybe the calling went to the boatmen that took him there or the masses reading about his faith and courage. His willingness to leave this temporal world to go be with God.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Perhaps this story was to lead others to Christ and it was never God's will for the tribesmen to be part of the Elect. Maybe the calling went to the boatmen that took him there or the masses reading about his faith and courage. His willingness to leave this temporal world to go be with God.
Sure, it could be any one or combination of a thousand reasons or possibilities.

Artfuldodger

I'm reminded of some of the other mission work stories we've had on this forum. Kids coming up to their parents and saying God has called them to Africa or to Haiti.

Young mission workers died in a catastrophic earthquake while on a missionary trip to Haiti in 2010. At least one young girl was from Georgia.

I guess we could ask, why? Why would God have an earthquake do such as thing? Why can't God call his own Elect without humans telling them?
Perhaps he can and does. There could be dead Christians in the ground from a 1,000 years ago in the Americas.

Artfuldodger

Just saying there’s more to consider than just blaming it on him, religion, or anything else.

I'm not "blaming" religion but the missionary made it a religious reason by his mission and diary account of his reason.
He wasn't there to sell Amway, He wanted to save their souls from eternal death.

Earthquake, arrow, disease, tsunami, the dangers are just a part of a missionaries life that he is willing to accept. Protection isn't always a part of God's will.

One could also die preaching in the pulpit in the US or in a car on the way to Church. One could die at the hands of a nut while witnessing at a prison or contract a deadly bacteria at a hospital.

Maybe "self' is us putting limitations on ourselves. We all do it. Even if wee think God is calling us. We all have fears that are different from the next person. I'd rather go to the deepest jungle than the deepest inner city to witness. Just my fear.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
God saved him.
No?
If they’d opened the door and welcomed him back, I’d say yes it’s a sign to continue. Continuing to resist, I’d say its a sign that now is not the time. He may very well been perfectly in line with what he felt he was led to do, but off on his timing.

Even around here knocking doors, you have to have enough sense to know when they open the door or they’re still pushing back.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I'm not "blaming" religion but the missionary made it a religious reason by his mission and diary account of his reason.
He wasn't there to sell Amway, He wanted to save their souls from eternal death.

Earthquake, arrow, disease, tsunami, the dangers are just a part of a missionaries life that he is willing to accept. Protection isn't always a part of God's will.

One could also die preaching in the pulpit in the US or in a car on the way to Church. One could die at the hands of a nut while witnessing at a prison or hospital.
I’m good with that. I don’t know the reasons or where the fault lies, just considering all options without laying blame on one source.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
BTW, the theory of evolution does not have people evolving from monkeys. Do a little research.

Artfuldodger

Adam is is Israel. Creation is Israel.

Romans 1:20
For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

That is physical Israel. They knew God, not the Native Americans or Eskimo. They didn't know God. They didn't "exchange" worshiping God for that of idols. Israel did.

If the Eskimo or those tribal people "knew" God by his divine nature, we would not have to send messengers. They are not a part of "Creation."

Artfuldodger

Nah, I'm good.

What about Natural Selection? If Natural Selection is true, why do we have green tree frogs and gray tree frogs? Why do White-tailed deer have differences depending on their habitat? The Key deer in Florida are actually of the White-tailed deer species.

Adaptations? Mutations? If the little deer in Florida are White-tailed deer, why do we still have regular sized White-tailed deer?
If dogs evolved from wolves, why do we still have wolves?

If a rainbow can be described as a sign the earth will never be flooded again, why try to explain it as light refraction? Why even have science at all. If it's not from God and just man's way of trying to explain God.
Why go to a doctor? He is just using man's science to heal you.

Unless science is from the Great Scientist. I think it is. I believe God used and uses science to create and evolve his creation. Planets and stars are created by science and are ended by science. God's science. Our discovery. God's plan, our discovery. God's will.

The creation of a child, a dual explanation. The death of an elderly man from a heart attack, a dual explanation. Creation? Why only one explantion? A rainbow? Manna? The Ark of the Covenant?

Last edited: