Mandatory reporting of turkey kills in Georgia?

GA DAWG

3 bird limit no matter where you kill them... Even on turkey quota hunts, the birds go towards your limit...

Who cares anyway... Don't even have a harvest card for turkeys..

"How's it going Mr. Game Warden?" "Great, may I see your I.D and license??" "Sure." "How many turkey have you killed this season?" "None... been a rough year...." (Sub Conscious Thoughts,... "well... killed 4 already, but how is he going to know?? lol!!!!")
He gonna know now cause you gotta tag em.:yeah:

GA DAWG

Really?? I cheated myself out of a lot of mtn gobblers then, cause when I signed one out of swallows creek or Chatahoochee I assumed those went toward my 3 bird limit, there was never a biologist there to tag it for me, or was it necassary, before if you signed one out of a WMA, did that not count toward your yearly limit???
No that aint how its been for most of us. Its like you thought. What Im saying is those quota hunts. Specially the ones that take yrs to get. They should make those bonus birds and tag them like they do on deer hunts. Even if we have to pass a law to do it. Aint no difference.

Mudfeather

not really....The harvest card system is will not stop overkilling. you can make as many harvest cards as you want.

hunters are on the honor system.

A true tag system would be better but would only be effective if you had a bird in the truck without a tag and were caught right then.

There are guys that kill double digits every year....heck...I know of guys that will be "limited out" by March 15...you would figure they would be easily caught because a shotgun aint the quietest weapon..

Gbr5pb

Scared I will do something wrong and get ticket! Might just kill them and leave them laying like the deer hunters in the quality buck counties

Wayne D Davis

I like the new reporting system.....I hunt WMA's anyhow and have always checked my birds out directly after harvest....I say its a long over due reg.

turkeykirk

not really....The harvest card system is will not stop overkilling. you can make as many harvest cards as you want.

hunters are on the honor system.

A true tag system would be better but would only be effective if you had a bird in the truck without a tag and were caught right then.

There are guys that kill double digits every year....heck...I know of guys that will be "limited out" by March 15...you would figure they would be easily caught because a shotgun aint the quietest weapon..

Human greed. Never could understand the need to kill all you can! It's not about numbers any way. But I guess there will always be folks who think the rules (game laws ain't for them).

Gaswamp

Maybe but I'm willing to bet the phone in system confirms the statistical population model.

Either way it's fine by me.

yep

1776Flintlock

It was easy to use. Got the confirmation right away.

Not sure what the big fuss is about reoorting a legal kill.

You give up much more personal info anytime you use a credit card.

Honesty will help the DNR manage the resouces better over time as long as the data it there.

Kind of scary to think of those that won't register. What are the hiding?