many Americans will not go gentle into that good night

Patriot44

The #NeverTrumpers are out in full force supporting the democrats claiming that if Trump declares a national emergency, then the communist will do the same on guns when they regain power.

I will never understand those idjits. Ga's own EriKKK EriKKKson is one of them out there drunk on Twitter running his pie hole.

4HAND

The #NeverTrumpers are out in full force supporting the democrats claiming that if Trump declares a national emergency, then the communist will do the same on guns when they regain power.

I will never understand those idjits. Ga's own EriKKK EriKKKson is one of them out there drunk on Twitter running his pie hole.
Actually, they have a valid point. May not be gun related, may be climate change or some other liberal agenda, but they do have a valid point.

Ruger#3

Newt's spot on, declare the emergency, turn the Corp of Engineers, SeaBees and Red Horse loose and this is done in no time.

If the man can keep traction he will go down in history as the President who delivered on the campaign promises that got him elected.

Actually, they have a valid point. May not be gun related, may be climate change or some other liberal agenda, but they do have a valid point.
Will not matter if Trump doesn't call for a National Emergency or not.

The leftist will call for one if they regain power whether he does or not.

Remember that, Never trust your enemy to NOT DO, what you would NOT DO.

He should call for a National Emergency and build the WALL.

What valid point? Really?

3,000 dead EVERY week from overdoses - 90% of the drugs killing people came across the US/Mexico border. Is that not a national emergency?

63,000 people in the US murdered by illegal aliens since 9/11. Can you deny that 63,000 murders is a crisis?

Thousands of unaccompanied minors crossing the US/Mexico border every month. At a cost to taxpayers of $775 A DAY for each of these illegal alien children, this has to be a crisis/

The National Emergency Powers Act has been used 58 times since it passed into law in September 1976. Every US president since 1976 has invoked Emergency Powers (Obama even used it to prevent foreign nationals from entering the US from Muslim countries).

What point do you consider "VALID" ????

Last edited:

jbird1

Peruse any of the leftist discussion boards. They think they have the long game won and are pretty smug about it. They are content on sitting back and collecting their checks until "all these old white people die" and the demographics swing power in their direction. All bets are off at that point....better hang on to your hat.

Ruger#3

Peruse any of the leftist discussion boards. They think they have the long game won and are pretty smug about it. They are content on sitting back and collecting their checks until "all these old white people die" and the demographics swing power in their direction. All bets are off at that point....better hang on to your hat.
Though I have almost no control of it, this is one of the biggest regrets of my life. The country in which my grandchild will have to live.

PopPop

Demographics are the irresistible force. We will be out bred.

What I’ve learned the past few months/years. The president has no authority to protect Americans and most bureaucrats and politicians could give a squat about protecting Americans.

Pretty sure it would overreach. I wouldn't want Obama doing that.
Same here. No president should have that kind of power. The founders were most fearful of the president becoming an all powerful tyrant.

4HAND

What valid point? Really?

3,000 dead EVERY week from overdoses - 90% of the drugs killing people came across the US/Mexico border. Is that not a national emergency?

63,000 people in the US murdered by illegal aliens since 9/11. Can you deny that 63,000 murders is a crisis?

Thousands of unaccompanied minors crossing the US/Mexico border every month. At a cost to taxpayers of $775 A DAY for each of these illegal alien children, this has to be a crisis/

The National Emergency Powers Act has been used 58 times since it passed into law in September 1976. Every US president since 1976 has invoked Emergency Powers (Obama even used it to prevent foreign nationals from entering the US from Muslim countries).

What point do you consider "VALID" ????
What I meant was if Trump declares national emergency then when dems regain power he will have opened the door for them to do the same.

However, Jeff C. also made a good point. Dems will use it whether Trump does or not.

I am all for building the wall & securing our border. Declaring national emergency just makes me a bit nervous. I know dems are 100% against him, I just wish they could come to an agreement.