Marking trees for property line.. Color?

turkeykirk

Just tell me you aren't one of these guys when building fences(you said) builds his fence back 1-2 feet so no else can use his fence?..

Most city folk who move to the country all seem to arrive with this same plan..

Then when the neighbor attatches to his fence he screams about it!
(all he really did was give away 2ft of his property)

Don't see how someone can come 2 feet onto you property to attach his fence to yours legally.

j_seph

Don't see how someone can come 2 feet onto you property to attach his fence to yours legally.
How could one attach their fence to the neighbors fence if it was on the line legally without their permission?

turkeykirk

Would think they would need to get permission. My fence installer said if the fence was on the line and the neighbor attached his fence to mine he would be responsible for half the costs for the common fence and maintenance. Not a lawyer so don't know if that was true or not.

greg_n_clayton

Most the poachers I've found on my property in NC - game, fish, plant - are color blind as well as illiterate to the point that it doesn't matter to them. I have found other means more effective.

I was thinking you may be speaking of the good ole boys up around Snow Bird !! Then I remembered when I saw your location info, you were speaking of Hanging Dog !! Bout the same caliber of good ole boys !!

5 acres....seems like a few signs would/should be enough !! If they gona trespass, aint no color paint or 100 signs gona stop them, unless, you prosecute !! Then you have opened another can of worms !!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
These sound like city feller fence questions.

Yes. We all have barbed-wire fences roughly on all the property lines here. Nobody worries too much about them, or worries whether they're two feet on one side or the other. If a tree or something falls across one, whoever notices it first usually fixes it, or the one with the livestock on their side if you both don't have them. I have never heard of anybody consulting a lawyer over a barbwire fence. :)

Anvil Head

They're all related Greg.