Marlin 336 in 35 Remington

loser

Good afternoon guys. I recently came upon a Marlin 336 in 35 Remington. I have am having an issue and needing some help. The rifle came with 6 rounds of Remington 200 grain bullets. They appear to be older and chamber and shot well.
I purchased two boxes of Remington 200 grain core lokt bullets at Bass Pro. They will not chamber. I can get the lever up but have to squeeze really hard to get the lever to the frame allowing me to shoot. I have not shot as I want to be sure what is going on. As a test I bought a box of Hornady Leverevolutions in 200 grain. They cycle and shoot perfectly. Anyone have an idea or have had this problem? I love the rifle and any help would be greatly appreciated. Blessed day to you!

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
ammo problem. Not an issue with the gun.

Double and triple check the ammo to make sure it is not mislabeled. Get a mic and check the case dimensions against the standard for the ammo.

tcward

ammo problem. Not an issue with the gun.

Double and triple check the ammo to make sure it is not mislabeled. Get a mic and check the case dimensions against the standard for the ammo.

This^^ And the further you stay away from Remington ammo the better off you are.

blt152

When in doubt give Remington a call. Sounds like an ammo not rifle problem. I’ve had good results using the Hornady 200gr Lever Evolution ammo. My grouping improved tremendously and my range has been extended to 200yds.

Anvil Head

Thinking it's mfgr. quality control. I was gifted a box of 200 Rem's, ran them through my old 336 and most of them fed just fine. A couple seemed a little "thick" but did chamber without extra force. I do not plan to buy any as I reload, the casings will fit properly next time.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Cerebus Capital Management ammo is not your dad's Remington ammo. Constant issues with it, I no longer buy it.

Buckman18

Cerebus Capital Management ammo is not your dad's Remington ammo. Constant issues with it, I no longer buy it.

Ditto. Green touching yellow will jip a fellow.

In my 35, I've had fantastic luck with the hornady leverevolutions for deer.

Reactions: m14

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Stick with the Hornady's and you wont have any problems

loser

Thanks guys. I agree with you on the bad batch of Remingtons. As for the Leverevoltions, I shoot them in my 45-70 also and think there is no better round. Blessed day to all of you and again, thank you!

rosewood