marlin 336 made in 1964 in .44mag

hayseed_theology

To get some help, you probably need to be more specific about the problem that needs fixing. Is it jamming? Poor accuracy? Need to be refinished?

chitlin63

i think that it needs the lifter assembly. these are from what i hear hard to find. i was told that it is different from the other cal. but the other parts are the same. looking for someone with previous knowledge of them. thanks

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Chitlin63,

There really is s simple solution to your problem as you can discuss this problem with some of the most qualified people on this earth. A large number of these people actually worked for Marlin Firearms in their Connecticut plant and they know their stuff.

Many of the same people have been very good friends of mine for many years now.

Just click on this following link and you can become a member there (WHICH IS TOTALLY FREE) and ask all of the questions that you would like ABOUT MARLIN FIREARMS AND BE ABLE TO GET CORRECT ANSWERS.

I am also a member there and have the same screen name as I have here. I also love Marlins and have an assortment of them beginning with my oldest one actually manufactured way back in 1936.

Click on: https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/

After registering, just scroll on down on the first page and you will see a FORUM CALLED: 336 MARLINS and that also includes various calibers. Just ask your question and give as much information as possible and you can get great solutions to your problems very quickly AS THE MEMBERS ON THAT WEBSITE ARE VERY MUCH LIKE THE MEMBERS HERE BECAUSE THEY ARE WILLING TO HELP OTHERS.

IN FACT, THAT IS HOW I FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS GON WEBSITE BACK IN 2006 AS THERE ARE A LOT OF MEMBERS THAT ARE MEMBERS OF BOTH SITES. GOOD LUCK IN YOUR MISSION.

PS: MARLINS ARE VERY ADDICTIVE TOO !!!!!!!

Jester896

Senior Clown
Not sure what problem you are having or why you think you are having problems with the lifter.

i have an 1894 in and it was hanging up pretty good. Some of the lifters have a ball detent and some have a toggle type on them. Mine had the toggle style and there was so much built up crud underneath it that it made it hard to clean out. Once it was cleaned it didn't have issues