May have a chance at a Booner

SCL

We have other pics of this deer and we have guessed at all the measurements and he is all over 170. He is extremely symmetrical and keep in mind, he has a huge body and you dont realize how big and heavy that rack actually is. He doesn't have super long tines but he more than makes up for it in circumference measurements and main beam length. Beams are super long and very heavy as you can clearly see in the daytime pick.

No mater what he scores he would be my best Bow buck if I was blessed to take him.
Honestly, I would be happier if my son got him!!!!
I would also say you are extremely blessed to have even seen a monster of that size, whether he is a booner or not, a trophy for sure!! Keep us posted on your adventure with that sire!

bullgator

Go get’em Snook.

Jim Boyd

You have not jinxed yourself sir.

Deer don’t have pc’s or smart phones and even if they did, they can’t read.

Great photos and he is definitely a fine buck.

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
Just curious. Why didn’t your dad shoot that monster? You don’t get many chances on a deer like that.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Is he still on the loose or has he been shot/disappeared?

ProAngler

That deer looks really similar to the trail cam pics. Was it shot in a different property?

Madsnooker

That deer looks really similar to the trail cam pics. Was it shot in a different property?
Yes trail cam pics were from Ohio. The one my son shot was Ga. They are very similar but the one in Ohio is much heavier rack as well as the body. My father in law that i go hunt with in ohio says he weighs in the 350# range. My son's deer weighed 220#.

Last edited:

Madsnooker

Id say 140 3/8
Lol
The trail cam pics are from Ohio where we hunt. That deer is well over 300#s which makes the rack not look as big as it really is. You put that rack on a 200# buck and you would never say 140". I have a 153" deer officially scored I shot in Ga and you could set that rack inside of this one. The circumference measurements are fantastic on this deer. My Father in law shot a booner 200 yards from this spot two years ago and he has over 30 deer on his wall in Ohio and he said 165-175 depending on main beam length and circumfrences. I also agree with that. Regardless that deer is a stud. Hope he made it thru the season.

Last edited: