Maybe not the right spot but need some carpenter advice on tin roof.

j_seph

I am far from a woodworker carpenter. However I took on putting a tin roof over our porch. I am ordering tin today probably but want to make sure.
In the picture I have a roof coming down at a ^ and then drops off onto the next part of the roof. You can see the 2x10 that is vertical dividing the these two areas. My first thought was to flash where that 2x10 is. Then go with the same tin in a flat section, bent it so that it over laps at the top of 2x10 first. then rin my tin down the angle over top of that. Then bend out a 90 towards the flatter roof and let it overlap the tin on it. Does this make sense and seem doable? If not what suggestions would you have to do this?

My tin will actually slide under the shingles up against the flashing there to keep water from potentially getting under them.

Attachments

• ROOF.jpg
    ROOF.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 64

Wayne D Davis

I am far from a woodworker carpenter. However I took on putting a tin roof over our porch. I am ordering tin today probably but want to make sure.
In the picture I have a roof coming down at a ^ and then drops off onto the next part of the roof. You can see the 2x10 that is vertical dividing the these two areas. My first thought was to flash where that 2x10 is. Then go with the same tin in a flat section, bent it so that it over laps at the top of 2x10 first. then rin my tin down the angle over top of that. Then bend out a 90 towards the flatter roof and let it overlap the tin on it. Does this make sense and seem doable? If not what suggestions would you have to do this?
I just did this building. The finished photo is still lacking the trim flashing up each side of the porch. Hard to tell from you pic if that lower roof is finished but a wide angle of flashing going underneath lower roof then overlap with another covering the next roof edge would work before you apply the tin coming down
My tin will actually slide under the shingles up against the flashing there to keep water from potentially getting under them.
20190203_173740_crop_489x275.jpg

Latest posts