MeatEater

ryanh487

I have been. It's definitely a switch up from typical shows, I really enjoy it and hope Netflix continues with more seasons.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
One of the best hunting shows out there. Steve can get a little high and mighty at times but that's more on his podcast than the show. I always recommend watching to non hunters too.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I usually enjoy his shows and I've been watching the newest season the last few evenings. I don't always agree with his opinions on things, but I respect him all the same.

His approach to hunting and eating what he kills combined with his respect for the animal is what a lot of non-hunters and fence-sitters need to see.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
One of the few hunting shows that I'll watch.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
I really enjoy his show. Him and The Hunting Public on youtube are the only hunting footage I watch.

Last edited:

The mtn man

The only hunting show I will watch. It's more of a hunting experience show than a hunting show.

BeerThirty

I've got it on my watch list but haven't seen it yet. My brother loves it and keeps telling me I need to watch it...

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Have never seen it, looks quite interesting.

Thanks for posting.

Oldstick

Great show. I just discovered it on Netflix the other day. How many other shows would feature howler monkey being cooked and eaten?

ryanh487

I will say some of his tastes are questionable. The way he describes some flavors of odd things he's cooking does not sound appetizing in the least.

In one of the newer episodes he cut out a hunk of fat from behind a caribou's eye and ate it raw, said it tasted like bread dough and the inuits do it.

tree cutter 08

I haven't watched but a handful of episodes but it's my kind of real world hunting. Not sitting in a deer stand waiting on droptine4 to enter the foodplot that they have 400 pictures of.

treemanjohn

Banned
I haven't watched but a handful of episodes but it's my kind of real world hunting. Not sitting in a deer stand waiting on droptine4 to enter the foodplot that they have 400 pictures of.

Every episode I've ever seen he's humping it in some rough terrain mostly on public land. He also dresses everything he kills

It might be a set up but it looks legit

ryanh487

Every episode I've ever seen he's humping it in some rough terrain mostly on public land. He also dresses everything he kills

It might be a set up but it looks legit

There's plenty of episodes where he goes home empty handed, or at least of the game he was specifically after.