Medi-Share?

Have a co worker that has it and loves it. Doctors love it to. It pays Ca$$$$h.

ssramage

Thread starter #3
Have a co worker that has it and loves it. Doctors love it to. It pays Ca$$$$h.
Good to know.

I'm really just sick of the insurance game. My wife and I are 29 and pretty healthy. 2 small kids that are healthy too. Other than the routine stuff, we really don't have any major medical expenses.

This year, my wife gave birth to our second son. I pay almost $9k a year in premiums and will still hit my $10k out of pocket maximum for the year. I could have no insurance and would have paid the same amount over the course of the year...It's CRAZY!

Good to know.

I'm really just sick of the insurance game. My wife and I are 29 and pretty healthy. 2 small kids that are healthy too. Other than the routine stuff, we really don't have any major medical expenses.

This year, my wife gave birth to our second son. I pay almost $9k a year in premiums and will still hit my $10k out of pocket maximum for the year. I could have no insurance and would have paid the same amount over the course of the year...It's CRAZY!
Most hospitals will heavily discount a bill for cash payment up front. Some up to 85% off. It's the people with insurance who are paying that 85% difference. When I was young and starting a family, I didn't carry insurance. Once had a 10K bill. Negotiated with hospital for 2500. Went to bank. Borrowed 2500 and paid hospital. Lot cheaper to make loan payments than insurance premiums.

Never knew this plan existed. Gonna give it a look, thanks

mattuga

Good to know.

Check out Liberty Health Share, another Christian based share medical plan.

I was paying $440/month to BCBS of GA and my company got a new credit card without me switching on file (self employed), as a result a payment was missed and I was dropped. Completely my fault, no blame on insurer for dropping me legally. That said I am a 34 yo healthy guy and they only paid $35 into a Medi Clinic visit over the last 3 years. That's it. After me paying nearly $10k total in premiums and they've paid out $35. I am a cash cow but dropped like lead balloon over 1 missed payment after 3 years on time? That is crazy crazy, not even a phone call to break up :rofl:.

After that I signed up with Liberty Health share with a WAY better plan for $199/month, 100% covered up to a million per incident - that coverage kicks in after I spend $500 in medical costs for the calendar year. It is an incredible deal. My wife has coverage at work but I think it would even be better to get her switched too. I had a customer service rep that was top notch, Kenneth Blubaugh 234-458-0129 is his direct line, he will answer every question you have. Main line is 855-585-4289

Madman

Does anyone here have any experiences using Medi-Share that they would like to share? Looking at potentially making a switch as our insurance continues to rise in cost and decline in quality.

https://mychristiancare.org/
I'm not on Medi-Share but I do belong to Christian Health Care Ministries. It costs me $150 a month plus $40/year for unlimited coverage. There is a $500.00 deductible, that I have never met.

Everyone I know who is on it loves it, one fellow had a hip replacement and the other had heart surgery.