Meriwether County

buckshed

Well it's about that time again...have done some scouting past 2 weeks and here's what I've noticed..persimmons are plentiful with a couple trees already dopping some slightly orange fruit..muscadines seem rather plentiful and they seem larger than normal...but interestingly some are still real green...white oaks are almost poor with the occasional one that is loaded..swamp chestnut oaks look good though..with all the rain there also is plenty of browse that deer are devouring..especially pokeweed and kudzu...the water oaks are absolutely loaded..deer look extremely healthy with mos does having twin fawns.good luck everyone

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
SAD TO SEE!!!!!
Manchester Farm Garden & Hardware

After much consideration and prayer our family has made the decision to close after serving the area for almost 15 years. When the shopping center lost its grocery store 1 1/2 years ago we could not have imagined the loss of traffic we would face. That, coupled with the convenience of online shopping and free shipping has dictated that now is the time to pursue other avenues, We will be closed Wednesday and Thursday to prepare the inventory for a closing sale beginning on Friday. Feed, Seed, Fertilizers and Firearms will not be reduced at this time. We will continue to carry inventory in these items until our customers have the opportunity to find other sources. Thank you for your loyalty and support over of the years...we have some of the best customers anyone could ever have.

marcel ledbetter

Was up at the farm this weekend. Saw a lot of chasing activity for it to be this early. Deer on Acorns more than foodplots, which look awesome. Noticed 4 deer run over within a few miles of property.

HunterK

Its totally dead on our lease.....didn't hear a single shot last Sunday.

Pmt12

With the deer on acorns a lot right now and white oaks hopefully dropping soon it may more of a hardwood hunting year. Haven’t heard much action lately around the hunting property shot wise but I’ve seen a few bucks and one was very hot on a doe. Getting more on the camera now, I think it’s gonna speed up. Last year I had deer all over corn all year long this year my biggest bucks were on a cam that wasn’t even on food.

HunterK

we're not seeing ANY deer and not hearing much shooting either, This is strange for our property.

mbl223

Buddy killed a nice 10 point on 11/3 right at first light. Saw a lot of young bucks chasing last weekend. Heading down this afternoon to hunt all weekend. Hopefully the big boys will be out cruising and chasing.

BigDogDaddy

Supposedly our place was on fire this past weekend, (of course the second weekend I missed). Had 2 good bucks killed, one was 150"+ brute. Both chasing and one was tending a does fighting off other bucks.

Pmt12

What’s the action like in Meriwether? Any reports?

I have a mix of field and hardwood property and most my deer have moved to acorns and other tree falling nuts. Getting some midday movement here and there but not as many scrapes and rubs as normal. I have a lot of bucks on camera but not many chasing does yet. Hoping to see a lot of movement in the next week or two.

mbl223

I’m in the stand now near Stovall. Saw a 3.5 year old 9 chasing driving in. Will pull cameras tomorrow. Scrapes popping up daily. Rubs starting to pop up as well. Late October early November cold fronts will normally set the rut off over here. We shall see.

EDH

I’m in the stand now near Stovall. Saw a 3.5 year old 9 chasing driving in. Will pull cameras tomorrow. Scrapes popping up daily. Rubs starting to pop up as well. Late October early November cold fronts will normally set the rut off over here. We shall see.
I saw the same thing this afternoon. A 3-1/2 year old pushing a doe around a food plot this evening. Had a small 6 pointer cruising and grunting with every step this morning. Now is the time to be in the woods. You never know when they target buck may slip up.

marcel ledbetter

They are hitting the acorns hard right now. Watched a big 10 with a doe Friday night, he was tending her so some of the does are already in heat.

HunterK

Scrapes all over the place. not much daytime movement

mbl223

Hunted Friday afternoon, Saturday, Sunday, and today. It’s really heating up. I think the first does are starting to go into heat. Had a doe get chased by this afternoon by a 3.5 year old and 6 more bucks walked their exact trail in the next hour. Before that there was a lot of cruising and checking by going bucks but no real chasing. Older bucks are starting to move during daylight according to cameras but not venturing out too far. That will change any day now.