Metal detecting river for civil war relics

tween_the_banks

Took the jon boat a few miles down the river to a spot I researched over the winter. I've been itching to get in the water at this spot because I knew there'd be relics. Finally had the time to make the drive and it paid off. Hope you enjoy the video. We found some nice stuff.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Very Cool! There are a lot of civil war history in that area as well as Indian history

Last edited:

tween_the_banks

I wished I had a decent set up for diving. I've thought about taking lessons but at this point I'd rather spend that kind of money on my kids.

walkinboss01

Cool video. Thx for sharing. I'm just getting into detecting a little and it does take some work.

ripplerider

I read on BBC news where magnet fishing has become real popular in England. Apparently some soccer star over there was quoted as saying it was his favorite hobby causing a lot of people to give it a try. Well, turns out there's a good bit of WW2 unexploded ordnance in their rivers and canals and a man and his son were blown up by a grenade. The igniter had rusted up but the explosives were unstable after so many years so it went off after being bumped! I dont think you'll have to worry about that with Civil War stuff sounds like a cool hobby I just have too many already to take on another.

tween_the_banks

I've got several magnet fishing videos on youtube but I mostly target civil war relics. It's fun but not as fun as metal detecting. I always have a magnet (attached to the end of a hoe) when I detect water. Makes retrieving the iron a lot easier.