Meth Heads

Lindseys Grandpa

I could write 10 pages or a book on what I have seen . The heartache families go through . If you want to see the poster child for meth use pull up picture of Athens woman who was babysitting and let 5 month old get a hold of some fentanyl couple days ago .

Dub

I have never posted up what I am about to tell you guys. We mostly keep family matters as family matters, but maybe my post will help some of you understand what drugs can and will do to the other family members.

I have a son that will take any drug he can get his hands on. Meth, heroin, cocaine, alcohol. It doesn't matter. If it can alter his mental state, he will take it, shoot it, snort it, or drink it. He is in the hospital right now because he is having fits of paranoia. His birth Mom was schizo, and his dad was an alcoholic that burned a church down. A fireman was killed fighting the fire and he got 30 years, 20 to serve for that arson.

We didn't know he was in the hospital until his 5th day there. Someone there went back into his older records and found my wife's name and cell phone number that someone had put in his file. He couldn't stay awake enough to tell them who to call or how to reach us. After 5 days there, he would still wake up, tell them his name, acknowledge that he was in the hospital and drop back off to sleep. We don't know if it is extreme fatigue or the effects of some drug he has taken. He can't tell anyone.

We don't know if the voices he is hearing is from the schizo, inherited from him Mom possibly, or from frying his brain on drugs. It is a bad, bad thing to sleep better at night when you know that your son is in jail or the the hospital because you know he will have a bed to sleep in, and a meal to eat that day. All I know for sure is that if he was in need of narcan to stay alive for another day, I sure hope that someone gives it to him. The pain of losing him would be nearly unbearable for my wife and extremely hard on me and the rest of his siblings.

We have helped put him in treatment program after treatment program. Spent thousands upon thousands of dollars trying to get him help, but so far it hasn't helped. So my son is a homeless street walker that we see maybe 8 or 10 times a year. Mostly when he is hungry or sober enough to want to get a shower and cleaned up. We will buy him food, provide a place for him to shower, buy him clothes and shoes, but never give him cash. It would be spent on drugs within minutes.

I pray for him often, as does my wife. It is the best thing we can do for him. Our prayers are that God will spare his life and allow him to finally kick this habit that is killing him. Only a parent can know the pain and agony of having a child in this condition.

So, please consider what the death of a fellow human would do to their family before you make the statement ' Let them die' I know that it costs us all some tax dollars, but surely there is room for a bit of sympathy for the person and empathy for their family.

And if anyone ever tells you that no one can love an adopted child as much as their biological child, send them to talk to Pappy and Meeno.

Praying for you and your family.

oldfella1962

I could write 10 pages or a book on what I have seen . The heartache families go through . If you want to see the poster child for meth use pull up picture of Athens woman who was babysitting and let 5 month old get a hold of some fentanyl couple days ago .

YES! The woman looks to be about 75+ years old and she's only 59! :eek: She could be a zombie extra on The Walking Dead and not need any makeup! That poor child never had a chance around people like that. :(