Methodist seminary

brutally honest

Iliff’s extensive statement of its many “Core Values”makes clear the United Methodist seminary’s commitment to intersectional, progressive social justice, but says nothing directly about God, Jesus Christ, or the Bible. This official statement does not even have anything particularly Christian beyond passing references to the school’s “United Methodist heritage.” Another official statement declares, “Support of the LGBTQIA+ community is a core value at Iliff” and reports, “Since we began tracking the metrics in 2015, 35% of our student body has consistently identified as LGBTQIA+.” In deference to this constituency, the seminary has offered an entire course devoted to “Queer Spirituality in the Visual Arts,” in which students can explore such topics as “Queer Tarot.”

https://juicyecumenism.com/2022/02/14/united-methodist-iliff-paganism/

:oops:

OwlRNothing

The Methodist church has been running, hair on fire - toward liberalism/communism for about a decade or so now. I think they're trying to keep up with the Episcopal church perhaps? No clue. Don't understand how people can read a thing in plain English, and then say they believe ( or worse that GOD believes ) the exact opposite. smh on that, every time. No one is perfect, but some people seem to be trying very, very hard to being secular perversion into the church. We shouldn't be surprised, really because the Bible tells us about that coming as well. Just a matter of time. Not "if" Jesus is coming back, but just "when."

dslc6487

Went to Candler Seminary at Emory University in 1973. It was liberal then, I can't imagine what it is like now. I left seminary after 1 year. My faith and my belief system was and is very much grounded in the Holy Bible as I had known it and been taught it from a child. I am still a Methodist, but I live in a small town and our church is very conservative and we still cherish and believe in God's Holy Word. The Methodist Church as a whole is a "mess". Very divided. My prediction is that it will not survive, or, that it will become totally liberal and secular, just like the rest of our world.......

brutally honest

The Methodist Church as a whole is a "mess". Very divided. My prediction is that it will not survive, or, that it will become totally liberal and secular, just like the rest of our world.......

Yeah, next year or so should be interesting:

“Facing a proposed denominational separation, many United Methodists expect big decisions ahead about where they will make their church home.

The proposed split comes after decades of intensifying debate over LGBTQ inclusion. Now the question before many: Do they want to stay with The United Methodist Church or seek out an alternative?”

https://www.umnews.org/en/news/conversations-address-going-separate-ways

brutally honest

The Methodist church has been running, hair on fire - toward liberalism/communism for about a decade or so now. I think they're trying to keep up with the Episcopal church perhaps?

The Episcopal Church, ELCA, and United Church of Christ are in a race to the bottom. All are losing members at a torrid pace.

brutally honest

Is that school embracing paganism or studying it?

“Affirms” is the term they prefer:

“Iliff unequivocally affirms the sacred worth and full suitability for spiritual leadership of all people including, but not limited to, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, non-binary, and genderqueer individuals. In keeping with the Iliff School of Theology’s long-standing commitment to social justice and inclusiveness …”