Mexican tire places.....

Dialer

I see a lot of these Mexican tire places selling supposedly "New" tires at a incredible price. Granted the tires for my 2007 F-150 are gonna be expensive for sure, but I seen a set on Facebook marketplace for $400 INSTALLED. Stay away or Go for it?????

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

JackSprat

I'd check them out. There are a lot of "off brands" out there.

Back when conversion vans were hot, me and all my friends drove around on "take offs" that were brand new, and we paid a song for them. They were OEM tires, and they didn't last long, but who cared.

Local "little Mexico" (flea market) has a booth that sells new tires, and mounts them while you wait. Those guys are missing an opportunity in NASCAR because they can get four tires off and remounted faster than anyone I've ever seen. Anyway, they are selling new tires, but I haven't checked the brands.

mrfudd

Probably legit. Tons of guys take the tires and wheels off new trucks and upgrade. My dealer gave me $200 for the Hankooks on my F150. Tires had about 15 miles on them.

ucfireman

Probably legit. Tons of guys take the tires and wheels off new trucks and upgrade. My dealer gave me $200 for the Hankooks on my F150. Tires had about 15 miles on them.
I have bought a couple sets of jeep wrangler take offs for between 2-300. Jeep dealers get the wranglers in and put lifts and bigger tires on them. Then the shop sells to whoever they have a connection to and we get the deals. I have a truck that uses 225-75-15.
Id say take a look and see what they are.

Dennis

The guys in Bethlehem are the real deal it's the only place I buy tires. There at least 100.00 plus cheaper than anybody else

Unicoidawg

Staff member