Middle Georgia Bears

CornStalker

What is the address to your hunting property? I've got some friends who work for DNR and they can release the nuisance bears they trap on your land. Call me in 10 years and give me a deer hunting update! :ROFLMAO:

If only I had some land....I'd be all for it! :)

All that to be said, I just think it's nearly impossible for bear to "outnumber" deer in almost all areas of Georgia. The DNR estimates about 5,100 bears statewide(majority in the mountains). They estimate about 1.2 million deer statewide. That's a 1:200 ratio. Even if their estimates are off, it pretty much shows that general stats.

The mtn man

If only I had some land....I'd be all for it! :)

All that to be said, I just think it's nearly impossible for bear to "outnumber" deer in almost all areas of Georgia. The DNR estimates about 5,100 bears statewide(majority in the mountains). They estimate about 1.2 million deer statewide. That's a 1:200 ratio. Even if their estimates are off, it pretty much shows that general stats.
Haha.

GAbullHunter

How would the impact be on the crops; peanuts an corn field s an pecan orchards I could imagine walking through the orchard an look up to see bears in the trees. Hum wouldn't they eat them? An the soybeans, middle to south ga are a more row cropland area. Id be fine with just one day if they would open it to all the counties maybe. Just as a starter. But hey meetings are where these things need to be known an expressed as well.