Miller county

twtabb

I have not been in woods yet. Had a drone fly over to survey loss. I haven’t even watched it. I had 75 acres with catastrophic loss. Hope to clear cut it next week. Will salvage the other 100 acres of planted and volunteer pines. I am afraid hardwood bottoms will be terrible.
Can’t decide to clean up after loggers or just let it rot.

An absolute giant was killed yesterday in our area.

Chasing a doe, i thought kinda early for really mature buck like that - I mean he is a stud!

May be biggest one harvested that I have ever seen from the area...

Son

Our club lucked out and didn't get much damage from the hurricane. Only because all our mature timber has been harvested in stages, and replanted. Young pines of 15 feet high and shorter took the storm well for the most part. Live oaks didn't fair so well, the storm took many of them down, and across our roads. Tower stands, all but two were laid down. Ladder stands, some survived, some didn't, depending on which way the tree fell. Hurricane got my roof, waiting on new metal roofing to replace the entire roof. Also got a shed, fence and several large trees. We're still cleaning up. Cancer surgery and the hurricane kept me from hunting until a couple weeks ago. And then I've only hunted about 8 days total. Got one 9 point, two does and several hogs so far. Just this week did our camera's begin getting photo's of older bucks, so the rut hasn't began in our woods. Guess the rut will begin about the second week of Dec. Because scrapes are showing up in great numbers, even in the food plots. It's wet, our woods are floating, and the rains we're experiencing now wont help matters much. Have some stand we can't get too without a boat, so they might not get hunted this season. I've killed the only buck in our club so far. Having to deal with the hurricane aftermath is keeping many from hunting. Hope they get in the woods soon, I like em to be around, and sharing camp too.

Attachments

Son

After this piebald buck this season. He hasn't shown up yet, hope he does. If I get him, will make my forth piebald buck. If something better comes along, might take them instead. Can't be too darn picky.

Attachments