MILLION $ QUESTION--Is drinki beer a sin?

BigBrett

Is drinking beer a sin? Not getting drunk, just drinking beer period. Jesus drank wine at the last supper and numerous other times. I hate to tick off all you T-totalers but it wasn't grape juice.

I believe as long as you ain't a drunk or hurting yourself/anyone, it ain't gonna curse your soul.

apoint

I was also wondering about just one line of cocain or heroin or one joint of pot or just one fling with a prostitute etc? You know not really getting drunk.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
...refreshing new topic...

Mako22

BANNED
According to scripture it is impossible for Jesus to have ever drank alchohol to do so would have been a sin and the word tells us that he was without sin. The wine Jesus provided at the marriage feast was indeed grape juice and not alchohol. Christians who drink booze are either backslid or not real born again believers.

packrat

?????

According to scripture it is impossible for Jesus to have ever drank alchohol to do so would have been a sin and the word tells us that he was without sin. The wine Jesus provided at the marriage feast was indeed grape juice and not alchohol. Christians who drink booze are either backslid or not real born again believers.

Mighty bold statement there friend, how can you know a man's heart.
I honestly believe it is not a sin based on personal convictions.
To another it may be sin in their own heart if they go against their true convictions.
That is like saying that anyone who says in judgement
"Christians who judge another man's heart are either backslid or not real born again believers."

deadend

Is taking cough syrup containing alcohol a sin? Is cleaning a cut with alcohol a sin? Is eating a double whopper, super size fries, apple pie, and jumbo Coke a sin?

decoyed

Banned
same ol crapola. Folks being "good Christians" and passing judgement on the actions of others. Isn't it ironic, "doncha thank"? Great thread and thanks for the laughs.

BigBrett

I was also wondering about just one line of cocain or heroin or one joint of pot or just one fling with a prostitute etc? You know not really getting drunk.

being a smart butt should be a sin too. there is a VERY VERY big difference between doing powder, man or refer and drinking a beer.

this is why i don't go to church, folks. there is some guy who is more holy than thou who, no matter what the topic, will get on his soap box. you sir are a ignorant hypocrite. the word teaches of love(above all), forgiveness and understanding. you have no right to compare a man who drinks a beer or a glass of wine or a cocktail with a man who snorts, shoots or smokes dope.

jesus's first miracle---turning water into wine in cana.

if you can, please show me when in time the translation of fruit juice turned into wine........you can't. suck it up and except that the zero tolerance is--IN FACT-- a man made principal; not a godly one.:yawn:

BigBrett

please quote the scripture. all i have read says," to be a drunkered"

olchevy

I believe as long as you don't drink anymore than you can handle while still keeping a level head and mind, there is no problem. But everyone looks at it in different ways.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Re:

If you believed it to be sin, would you give it up?

The walk of a believer is about a relationship with Jesus, where obedience to what ever he asks of you flows out of you because of your love for Him.

Anything else is dead religion. And dead religion is void of life or any saving power.

May God cause you to truly search for Him!

packrat

??

this is why i don't go to church, folks. there is some guy who is more holy than thou who, no matter what the topic, will get on his soap box. you sir are a ignorant hypocrite. the word teaches of love(above all), forgiveness and understanding.

Let me say this with a loving and non-judgemental heart. I agree with you on the 1 beer deal, but your "this is why i don't go to church, folks" statement is as lame as some of the one beer responses. If you choose not to attend church, then that is your decision & you have chosen to blame "your decision" on others. Sure ALL churches have some hypocrites in them, but the real reason lies much deeper. BUT you have the right to do as you see fit. The WORLD is full of hypocrites, liars, thieves & filth, but I can't stay in a hole and blame others for MY choice.

gtparts

Perhaps we would do well to let the one without sin cast the first stone.

What????

Did I hear stones hitting the ground????

Thought so.

I'll leave this to those trying to justify the use of beverage alcohol on one side and those who are steeped in legalism on the other side to answer the question. God will surely find time to sort this out between you folks.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR

Yes.

"All things in moderation."

It is not a sin. Jesus turned water into WINE. There was a reason he said to serve the good wine FIRST and the cheaper wine SECOND.

Jeff Raines

So he had a few grapes in his pocket and squeezed them into the containers of water????....Where is the miracle?

The water was turned into fermented wine.It takes time for fermentation to take place.

Or as one Pastor put it"The water saw it's Lord and blushed"

BigBrett

Let me say this with a loving and non-judgemental heart. I agree with you on the 1 beer deal, but your "this is why i don't go to church, folks" statement is as lame as some of the one beer responses. If you choose not to attend church, then that is your decision & you have chosen to blame "your decision" on others. Sure ALL churches have some hypocrites in them, but the real reason lies ma uch deeper. BUT you have the right to do as you see fit. The WORLD is full of hypocrites, liars, thieves & filth, but I can't stay in a hole and blame others for MY choice.

the body is the temple. my bible has not been unopened in many years. i have been a front row spectator of a "church split". i have not lost faith, only faith in man's church. i sincerely wish i could find a church i didn't have hesitation's about attending......but for the record, you don't have to be a member of a church to walk in his kingdom.

Latest posts