MILLION $ QUESTION--Is drinki beer a sin?

270 guy

Banned
As I said, I offer scripture. That is my direct answer.

"So your saying you never sin? If you do you always ask Gods forgivness at that exact moment?"

This is my quote above I will ask it once more. You have no scripture for a direct question to you if you do and can answer the question directed at you with scripture have at it but you can't. God never mentioned you in the Bible anywhere that I have seen other then your a sinner like the rest of us.. :rolleyes:

This is the type of stuff that turns people away from church is people like you avoiding the real questions while trying to look like you're perfect and sin free when we all know no one is without sin. :rolleyes:

yanceybm

If someone wants to drink a beer, then that is them. Let them enjoy it and get the pleasure from it. Some people only get to enjoy few things in this life. If however; there is a question in your heart about whether or not "YOU" should drink beer, then leave it alone and stay away from it! If there is a question about anything in your heart whether its right or wrong, then don't do it.

As I said, I offer scripture. That is my direct answer.

even if you try to interpret the Bible it doesn't make you right. everyone interprets the Bible differently.

It seems that some one here only know how to copy and paste and not use a keyboad

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Then Im sorry, I must be misinterpreting Mathew24:49-51

I don't know if you're misinterpreting that verse but I do think you're trying to use it in a way that it wasn't intended.

That verse is not condemning someone who drinks an alcoholic beverage.
If it is, then all the apostles, and even Jesus, are hurt by its words.

But the drunkard is a different story.

1 Corinthians 6:9-119 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God?....Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed....... .

And where is the line drawn? Who is the sober, responsible, Christian? And who is Christian who drinks it for the wrong purpose and in the wrong location and in the wrong company.
As I see it, it isn't the beer, it's the attempt at straddling the fence. The "living on the edge".

I use to drink. Years and years ago. It did nothing good for my relationship with God. It didn't draw me nearer to Him. I never brought anyone to Christ while I was drinking with them. I was never a good example while I drank.

Drinking a beer after mowing the grass might be an okay thing to do.
Drinking a beer while watching Auburn whip Alabama might be alright.
But tell me who did that??????????? Just one beer?

A 6pack this afternoon makes you a drunk!

That's all I'm saying guys.
It can be condemned or justified in a million different ways. The bottom line, as always, is whether or not God is pleased and happy with what you drank during that game this afternoon.

There's a huge difference in drinking wine in the 1st century and drinking a 6pack today.
A difference in the reasons.
A difference in it's impact.

reezenshooter

WOW.......so

Let me get this straight so far if ur a drinker, fisher, hunter, not a church-goer, tv watcher, someone who has sex, or most of all a dang fat fella, ur a sorry backsliding excuse of a christian and going to burn for it???..did I leave anything out?

Well im a fishing, hunting, etc. etc. , whos cholesterol will probably cause me to keel off before most here, but I'll wait on u guys in heaven. Ill be the one with the:pop:(with extra butter), watching u guys argue with God on why I shouldnt be there to worship him.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master

It can be condemned or justified in a million different ways. The bottom line, as always, is whether or not God is pleased and happy with what you drank during that game this afternoon.

There's a huge difference in drinking wine in the 1st century and drinking a 6pack today.

Not if it's a six pack of Nasty Light, like most UGA fans drink. Now a six pack of Fat Tire will waste you...;) But then again, at that price, I guarantee you,,,,,,,,,,,,,I only drink one, When the occasion arises that I drink at all.:yawn:

vanguard1

Banned
I knew my question would draw out arrogrance. I forgot, you must be God and Jesus Christ combined into one and condemn all and tell us what our fate is. I am a Christian but remarks like yours are what pushes people away from the Christian fate. :rolleyes:

no it draws them to God, PEOPLE WANT TO CHANGE they do not want to keep living a life of sin and pain, they want to be FREE FROM SIN, that is what i preach, that Gods power can change a heart, can set you free , you don,t have to be bound by a bottle or can, you don,t have to be in bondage to a little stick that you light and suck on, we were made in the likeness of ALLMIGHTY GOD, we are to control the earth and all that is in it, not have it control us, spending money on trash that will kill you or someone else, spending money on junk for your flesh instead of spending it to help others, yes that is sin.

I am just glad that you are not my preacher or mentor. My preacher helps guide us at church. You tell people their fate which is very wrong. I am not bound to the bottle but I like to drink on a occassion but that does not make me bound for he**!

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I am just glad that you are not my preacher or mentor. My preacher helps guide us at church. You tell people their fate which is very wrong. I am not bound to the bottle but I like to drink on a occassion but that does not make me bound for he**!

I guess I'm doomed then, based solely on my avatar...:rofl:

apoint

I don't know if you're misinterpreting that verse but I do think you're trying to use it in a way that it wasn't intended.

That verse is not condemning someone who drinks an alcoholic beverage.
If it is, then all the apostles, and even Jesus, are hurt by its words.

But the drunkard is a different story.

1 Corinthians 6:9-119 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God?....Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed....... .

And where is the line drawn? Who is the sober, responsible, Christian? And who is Christian who drinks it for the wrong purpose and in the wrong location and in the wrong company.
As I see it, it isn't the beer, it's the attempt at straddling the fence. The "living on the edge".

I use to drink. Years and years ago. It did nothing good for my relationship with God. It didn't draw me nearer to Him. I never brought anyone to Christ while I was drinking with them. I was never a good example while I drank.

Ronnie we are on the very same page. Your explanation is exactly as I have been stating. I have been known to drink A beer after working in the yard on these hot summer days. It is very rare for me to buy or drink any alcohol and you will never see me drunk.

apoint

even if you try to interpret the Bible it doesn't make you right. everyone interprets the Bible diffrently.

It seems that some one here only know how to copy and paste and not use a keyboad

If you know this, then you must be talking about yourself.

270 guy

Banned
Ronnie we are on the very same page. Your explanation is exactly as I have been stating. I have been known to drink A beer after working in the yard on these hot summer days. It is very rare for me to buy or drink any alcohol and you will never see me drunk.

So in one post you tell people they will have to ask forgivness for there sins of drinking and yet another post admit you drink yourself! LOL kind of like the pot calling the kettle black isn't it?

You still didn't answer my question but after reading this it doesn't need answering you did so in a round about way LOL. :bounce:

My Bible is my book and guide to life. Not a weapon to attack others and to tell them where they are going and what they should and should and should not do. On that note, I am off to church, then to Jeffery's for wings and a tall cold Yuengling watching the Falcons!

Israel

BANNED
According to scripture it is impossible for Jesus to have ever drank alchohol to do so would have been a sin and the word tells us that he was without sin. The wine Jesus provided at the marriage feast was indeed grape juice and not alchohol. Christians who drink booze are either backslid or not real born again believers.

OK.
You have helped me to be free of something it has taken years to come to.
I couldn't actually care less who believes I am a christian.
In fact, I will diligently seek now to not be labeled such.
Jesus is Lord.

apoint

So in one post you tell people they will have to ask forgivness for there sins of drinking and yet another post admit you drink yourself! LOL kind of like the pot calling the kettle black isn't it?

You still didn't answer my question but after reading this it doesn't need answering you did so in a round about way LOL. :bounce:

when you learn how to read my answer let me know because you are either confused or twisting my words, probably both.

270 guy

Banned
OK.
You have helped me to be free of something it has taken years to come to.
I couldn't actually care less who believes I am a christian.
In fact, I will diligently seek now to not be labeled such.Jesus is Lord.

Can I ask why you wish to not be labled a TRUE Christian? Some on here act like wannabe Christians by quoting or copy/pasting Bible verses trying to look like there better or above others DO NOT let them discourage you.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
The words of Martin Luther come to mind. I think it went something like this; "Wine and women have been the destruction of many a good man, so we must pour out all the wine and kill all the women".

My final post on this thread.:cheers:

270 guy

Banned
when you learn how to read my answer let me know because you are either confused or twisting my words, probably both.

You keep digging yourself in deeper and deeper don't you? I didn't twist anything you wrote every word yourself.

You answered the question that you keep avoiding. I guess for fear of looking like a sinner like the rest by admitting you drink just like the ones you condemn and say they have to ask for forgivness for there sin of drinking.

Maybe you should go back and read some of your own post. :rolleyes:

apoint

Can I ask why you wish to not be labled a TRUE Christian? Some on here act like wannabe Christians by quoting or copy/pasting Bible verses trying to look like there better or above others DO NOT let them discourage you.

Everyone knows you are the only true christian 270. In all your self righteous tearing down of the scripture posted you ought to make Jesus proud.

dbodkin

Bar keep.... another round for the house.... hiccup... Double scotch neat for me....